VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning.
I posted this question on the convertible forum but do not know if specific to the convertible. I am working on a 2004 convertible. The fuel door will not work using the switch but I can open manually. I do not have power to the solenoid for the fuel door. The trunk release is fine so fuse good, and I checked the fuse. I pulled the switches out and have continuity on 2 of the posts but not the other 2. If the fuel door switch is good should I have continuity on the 2nd 2 posts? I do not know how the switches are set up. Is there something else I should check before I buy a switch? Can I jump the solenoid to make sure that is good?
Trying to get this fixed for a friend
Thanks for the help
Pam

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
The switch is electrically the same as the trunk release switch, so you can move the fuel door connector to the trunk release switch to test it. The trunk release switch sends a signal to the comfort module which opens the trunk release through a relay. The fuel door switch is a direct connection to the release actuator so it sees much higher currents and is more subject to failure.

You will need to remove the door trim to get to the switch connectors. There are links to instructions on this page:

http://newbeetle.org/forums/questio...ms-new-beetle/59654-door-latch-resources.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts