NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fuel Filler Flap (door) Sticking - is there a cable to lubricate or something? More and more, experiencing difficulty getting to door to open. I have a 2000 Beetle.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
This is a common problem in the early New Beetles. The cables get stiff or kinked and won't pull the latch open. Mine hasn't worked since the car was 3 years old. All the interior trim on the right rear has to come out to replace the cable. I just removed the clip that holds the latch in place and pushed it back into the fender. The flap will stay closed by itself without the latch.

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Mine got the same problem too

Fuel Filler Flap (door) Sticking - is there a cable to lubricate or something? More and more, experiencing difficulty getting to door to open. I have a 2000 Beetle.
:(:( Mine is 2006, got the same problem too. Sometimes, I have to pry it manually.:mad:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Mine was stuck too it turn out that the fuel actuator motor inside gear was binding up with the motor. I took it apart and now works like new. This what it looks like inside uploadfromtaptalk1362810840609.jpg

sent from DROID. 2001 NB 2.0 manual Cyber Green

·
Registered
146 Posts
:D Great job !
How did you fix it after you took the motor out?
All i did took the plastic gear out and put it back in and hook power up and have someone hit the button while i watch to see it moves before put it back together :)

sent from DROID. 2001 NB 2.0 manual Cyber Green

1 - 7 of 7 Posts