VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Certified Arcade Tech
416 Posts
Just ahead of the passenger rear tire.

Factory states these are "lifetime" filters. If the lifetime of a car/truck is only 6 years and/or 60,000 miles? Then sure.

Basically opinions vary. But I'd go for every 3 years and/or 30,000 miles. It's cheap insurance.

S-

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your reply, my car is a bit sluggish at moment. when cold somtimes i can push throttle down and it just bogs. in third gear going to forth it can be very hesitant grrrr. going to change plugs and air filter soon too

·
Registered
758 Posts
thanks for your reply, my car is a bit sluggish at moment. when cold somtimes i can push throttle down and it just bogs. in third gear going to forth it can be very hesitant grrrr. going to change plugs and air filter soon too
I doubt the fuel filter or air filter are causing your issues, but they are cheap to try and replacing them is a good thing. Plugs aren't too expensive either and are part of "regular maintenance" also.

If none of that helps, I'd have the car scanned for codes. Many auto parts stores will scan the standard OBD-II codes for free. If there is a code there, it should point you in the right direction. With modern car electronics, throwing parts at a problem (especially increasingly expensive ones) is not the best way to go.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
trying to find out when it was last serviced at mo. im getting an odb II cable this week so ill run that and see what comes up.

cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts