NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently started to get a strong smell of gas at start up and once I started to drive it went away. I started to look under the hood to see if I could see what the smell was coming from and I noticed gas leaking from a silver thing(see the picture). Can anyone tell me what this is?? Thank You

Attachments

·
Title User Custom
82 Posts
And while it may be obvious. If do not attempt to drive the car.

If it doesnt look physically broken. Depressurize the system. Remove the clip and inspect the o-ring

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks you all for the great information. One question, how is the best way to depressurize the fuel system?

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Thanks you all for the great information. One question, how is the best way to depressurize the fuel system?
You could let it sit for a while and open up the gas cap. Remove the vacuum hose from the FPR, then remove the retaining clip and carefully remove the FPR.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
deppressurize fuel

open the gas cap, remove fuse 28 that go's to the fuel pump, crank it a few times without letting it start. Your ready to work on the fuel lines.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the help and responses. Bought a new fpr and installed it today. Both o-rings where bad. Looks like they had been in there for 10 years..lol No more leak and no more gas smell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts