VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2003, new beetle, 2.0 avh,5speed
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears I have a leak in the fuel line that goes from the filter to the engine. Has anyone ever made a replacement line or taken your hose and made a hose to replace the existing lines with just sone braided fuek linr anf reused the stock connectors. Or does anyone know where to get a oem house without spending hundreds of dollars. Seems like it would be a lot cheaper to just make your own hose

·
Registered
17,692 Posts
First, you need to find the location of the leaks; you can buy repair lines from auto parts stores and fix it, by splicing in a new end or section out the leaking portion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,692 Posts
DIY info and repair kit info:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its leaking somewhere in the uniframe. Where the lines are covered i would have to pull the line out to fix it. Being that they are plastic and old couldnt they break more coming out or even worse going back in?

·
Registered
17,692 Posts
Anything is possible, it is definitely repairable or replaceable; in the links i posted, there are repair kits and even full spools of plastic fuel line, if you decided to swap in a whole new fuel line.

Those, who did repairs; used wire to pull through new repaired line sections and complete the repairs in access problem areas.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update. My car is not leaking fuel. Its either cobdesation or coolant. I am now having a problem with it trying to stall and no throotle response with a hard start at times. Ive changed air and fuel filter and did a oil change. I dont think its fuel pump related. Could i be having pcv valve problem. Or could the secondary air pump be the problem. It could even be throotle body related.

·
Registered
17,692 Posts
A common problem with high mileage 2.0L’s is a dirty throttle body; causing rough idle, stalling and a hard start.

You might clean it snd do a tba procedure.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have yet to get a vag-com but i have a obd11 scanner and im also missing my catalytic convertor so I have 4 codes 2 for each sensor. These four codes have not caused me problems in the last 13,000 miles. I believe i will clean my throttle body and go from there

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay cleaned the throttle body. Before cleaning throwing random misfire codes now we are throwing throttle postion sensor circuit range and a throttle actuator control motor

·
Registered
17,692 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay also having the immobilized lot light flash at me while driving but still alowing the car to run. The issue I have had with the immobilizor in the past just the engine upon start up.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Okay we have a new problem leaking coolant I have the heater core by passed and the throttle body by passed but still leaking and not getting a steady stream at the return line. It kids puffs air then squirts water I have tried multiple times to bleed have changed the tank(coolant reservoir)
Steady leak stream on passenger side
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Car Automotive tire

1 - 20 of 43 Posts