NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tested today the fuel pump cause P0411 came out of vagcom. So as engine was running I had 2.4bar of pressure in circuit but when the engine is stopped pressure dropped at 0 instantly. . . is that normal or I should see it going down slowly ?

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
Your fuel pump is bad; it should maintain fuel pressure for at least 10 minutes, after turning the engine off. After 10 minutes there must be a residual pressure of at least 2.0 bar (converted 29 psi). (quote from the service manual) This was exactly; how my fuel pump acted, when it was going bad. Replace the fuel pump and make sure to replace the gasket around the locking ring.

More info here:

http://newbeetle.org/forums/2-0-liter-gas/66233-fuel-pressure-whats-good.html

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replay guys . . . I thought too that pressure should stay for a time after killing the engine. . . I jumped to this result and test the pump cause at high rpm it felt like the cylinders dried of fuel . . . I think that I should go for a bigger pump, injectors and pressure regulator . . . next step should be the turbo:D . . .

·
Registered
3,690 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm planing on walbro 255 cause in short my turbo is going out . . . do you suggest something else for BT project ? ? ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts