NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
[HOONIGAN]
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently crashed my bug(2001 2.0 manual) at autox and totaled the frame. I'm buying another bug(2000) with a good frame. It has a blown motor and is automatic. I want to pull everything from mine and put it in the new chassis. I know I'll need to transfer the axles and ECU. Is there anything else that will need to be moved as well?

·
Super Moderator
5,302 Posts
if they're both autos then there shouldn't be much to change. if one is auto and the other manual then that's a whole nother can of worms.

·
Super Moderator
5,302 Posts
Oh I see that now, I must not have been as with it as I thought earlier :lol:. I know there is a lot to swap when going auto to manual, but it's far from impossible. There are some members here who have done it, one being scaraby2k

·
Registered
11,432 Posts

·
[HOONIGAN]
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
*UPDATE* It wasn't until I started tearing the new chassis apart that I realised both cars are completely different engine codes. The good motor is AEG and the bad one is AZG. The injector clips are completely different on both cars. Can I take the injectors off the blown motor and put them on the good one?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts