NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mid-America Motorworks is holding their Funfest the 1st weekend in June as they always do. This year, that doesn't happen until the 7th. This has always been a huge air-cooled event, but a few water-cooled Beetles show up, anyway. Last year, MAM decided to formally add a section for water-cooled VWs as well.

I happen to have that weekend off this year, and I'm very tempted to check it out. Ever since I switched to NBs in 2009, I've fantasized about crashing this event with hundreds of New Beetles and 12+ Beetles. While that's not gonna happen anytime soon, I'd still like to see if this water section has at least drawn more than the usual 20-30 NBs/12+ to the show. Was anybody on the Org there last year,or would anybody be interested in going this time around?

·
ToD 6, Count Down.
473 Posts
We have a event here in Ohio, Youngstown area at a shop called Jim's Customs. It's a total air cooled event " Only " And like you, I would love to crash this event with a number of NB, even if we only took over a section of the parking lot. ;) 20 to 30 NB would be awesome.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear you. Ever since I got my first NB in 2009, I'm not as into my all-VW club as I once was. Our shows are every June, and of the 60 or so cars that enter, about 50-55 will be old school air-cooled. I'm trying hard to have a NB/12+ club on the side, and it's hard to find interested people, but I remain persistant. If we (Matty D 2009 and I) could get even 10active members, I would seriously consider stepping away and focusing all my attention on the water Beetle group.

As for Effingham, I can't help but think that the water-cooled part of their show would be mostly modded Jettas, GTIs, etc, but there's only one way to find out.......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts