NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of the projects I really hated on my '01 New beetle was changing out the headlight bulbs.
Like many others I broke the funky plastic lever on the headlight assembly my first try out and
really had fits getting the assembly pulled and had to buy a new plastic ring and lever to re-install.
I was looking at the engine compartment on my new '06 TDI a few minutes ago and could not find
the levers on the headlight assemblies, in fact nothing on the rear to loosen the assemblies at all. I
finally took a flashlight and looked at the front of the assembly and see a 6 sided stud with the symbol
of the headlights, a circular arrow, a closed padlock and an open padlock. Eureka!!!! It looks as if
VW has come to its senses and figured out a simpler way to loosen the headlight assembly on the
'06's. I wonder if these will fit earlier models also. ? What year was this change made? Thanks....Michael P.

·
NKAWTG-N
62 Posts
I notice another 06, and it looked as if it had city lights. Does your 06 have city lights. I have been wanted to install them on my 01 NB TDI. My Golf has them and I kinda like them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts