VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Old School
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What The Hell Are These Symbols All About? Could Someone Please Give Me A Diagram As To What They Are. Have Fuses Missing And Want To Find Out What They Are.

·
Registered
1 Posts
flasher problem

The right turn signal flashes as if a bulb were burned out, but all are working fine, including the one in the mirror. Left works properly as do the four war way flashers. If I remove the front bulb, it works properly for a while, but then reverts to high speed flash. Replaced turn signal bulb with no change. Got a new flasher unit, but can't find where it plugs in, but the clicking seems to come from behind the four way flasher switch. Any ideas?

dcdoherty

·
2015 Acura TLX
5,429 Posts
Pop out those two blanks on either end of the housing where the flasher indicator lamp resides. I believe all you have to do is remove a couple of screws and voila' !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank god for the internet! I was EXTREMELY mad when I looked at the card and it had a ton of little books all over it....and then nothing in the book to explain which fuses were which.

Now to figure out why the car isn't starting and the radio wasn't working. Has anyone had their radio die like a day before their battery goes?

·
Cold Buggin'
178 Posts
if its hella cold, your radio wont always work, and the cold will kill your battery. both are symptoms of the same problem, but not always related.

·
Registered
2 Posts
afinley said:
if its hella cold, your radio wont always work, and the cold will kill your battery. both are symptoms of the same problem, but not always related.

It's been cold but not that cold...got down into the 20's but thats about it...the car wasn't starting while in the garage.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Dear god you people are the bomb!!! I had decided to buy LED lights for the trunk to make the light brighter - they unfortunately were too big and I couldn't make them work. Then the light wouldn't come on at all - so I though (OMG -this is where the stupid gene and not enough caffine kicked in) that maybe the light had timed out (you know from it being on too long) and that if I closed the hatch (w/me inside of course) that I could pop it back open and the light would come back on. Needless to say - then I was trapped inside the back hatch and forced to try to scramble my way up to the front button that opens the trunk - which, btw, also did not work. So now I'm in panic mode - I crank the car and the nasty trunk cell light comes on - now I know I screwed something up. Dealership doesn't have a new trunk light switch until Wednesday and now my trunk AND the doors won't lock. Then wham it hits me - its a fuse - I screwed up and blew a fuse - NO PROBLEM!! Until, of course, you look at the fuse chart which makes NO SENSE AT ALL!! That's where you knowledge gods come in (and that beautiful fuse chart listed above)!! Now I'm off to buy a fuse for #38 'Luggage compartment light, central locking system.'

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU - Once again the org has saved my butt a trip to the stealership and a large $$ bill. (Unless of course it's not just the fuse and I have to come back to the org crying about how I really messing something up!! LOL)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ok - update - it ended up being fuse #14 - which is a hefty little fuse apparently - it knocked out my interior lights, hatch opening, door locks, interior light and the windows weren't rolling down. I've printed off 3 copies of that fuse map to keep - 1 in the fuse box, 1 in the saratoga saddle bag and a back up copy in the house!!! Thanks again org!!

·
TurboGLX2000
2 Posts
Awesome!

Marvins Dad you are a savior. I dont have a fuse diagram on the inside of my fuse cover. You have just made my day! Thanks a ton for the diagram!:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.