VW Beetle Forum banner

Fuse Card *very* confusing!

32K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Voodoomaster 
#1 ·
Okay, I think I blew a fuse for my stereo today - but the fuse card is very confusing. Does anyone know which fuse controls the stereo?

I scanned the card and attached it as a pdf. If anyone can tell me which one it might be, that'd be super. :)

Attachments

#5 ·
Toad said:
Every aftermarket radio i've had has always had a fuse on back.
Every headunit period should have a fuse on the back. Pull it out and take a look. Even if, for some unknown reason, there isn't a fuse on the back of the HU... you're going to have to pull it to check all your connections anyway... 'cause, if it ain't a fuse, then the HU is either kuput, or isn't getting power.

BTW... here's a more complete fuse card. I made it to fold up and put in place of my factory fuse card. It's for my 2004 NBC... but it should be fairly universal.

Attachments

#7 ·
i have the same problem on my 2002 1.8T (EU spec), the fuse card doesn't show the stereo symbol.... bummer... why do they do the symbol fuse card thing when it's not all on there??? my radio is the original VW factory gamma stereo system... there's no reason the stereo shouldn't be on the fuse card. #$%#$$@##@!#!@#$@#$#$.

i'll try 37/42... i think my stereo has the "monsoon" amplified speakers, which would make sense: 2 fuses, one 10amp for the head unit and the 25amps for the amplified speakers...

steinola: thnx for the detailed fuse card!!! i printed it and will put it in my NB!

#8 ·
Fuse Panel Guide for RHD owners

Hi Guys,

I found this thread while working on my car and locating a blown fuse. The Card in the panel isn't that great and the diagram provided by Steinola was very useful. I've made some changes to it for Right-Hand-Drive (RHD) NB owners as our fuse panels (and numbers) are flipped/mirrored in our cars. The annoying thing is that the factory put a LHD card in our RHD vehicles too so you have to mirror everything on that to read it as well!:rolleyes:

I hope this is useful for other RHD owners and thanks again to Steinola for the original - it's a much better reference than the factory card :)

Attachments

#9 ·
Radio fuse?????

Hi, guy,

My Beetle is 2006 1.6L (Australian version). I checked the fuse box on the driver's side after the radio was dead. But the fuse layout does not match
the diagram of the owner's manual shown as above. Here are the photos I just took for the fuse box. I want to know which one is the radio fuse (obviously, no #42 seen in the fuse box).:confused::confused::confused:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.