NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I like yours too!
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what size and the location of the "power outlet"/"cig lighter" fuses are? There are 3 of the outlets in the car and I can not figure out anything going by the fuse card.

·
doink
930 Posts
HOPE THIS HELPS

·
Boogety Boogety
413 Posts
You have three cig plugs?

Starting in '06 (which model or later I assume you have, since you posted under the 2.5 engine threads), NBCs have a plug in front and in back of the console, but the trunk cig plug was discontinued (and man, do I miss it). Or is it still there, so cleverly hidden that I have overlooked it?!? :confused:

And I'm intrigued by Fuse Positions 8 and 17, courtesy of missruby, in this era of NB decontenting (even the not-quite-warm-water blue dash light is gone now!)... perhaps VW has some interesting plans for future NBs... :cool:

·
I like yours too!
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I must be getting old.....I meant to post this in the 2.0 section.....geeeee

buglover said:
Does anyone know what size and the location of the "power outlet"/"cig lighter" fuses are? There are 3 of the outlets in the car and I can not figure out anything going by the fuse card.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Some fuses have moved!

I have a 2007 2.5 gas Beetle, Cigarette lighter/12V was broken, I found after testing all fuses with multimeter that Cigarette lighter/12V was plugged into Fuse #27, which had blown. I replaced #27 (diagrammed as daylight running lights, not!!) and the Cigarette lighter/12V works perfectly now.

So we need somebody to do a revised fuse diagram for the 2.5, this was supposed to be fuse #41 (which had no fuse in it) but is NOT.

Does VW change their fuse locations from time to time by model and model year, or does my particular car just have a glitch?

leemcgee

·
VoodooMaster
75 Posts
I have a 2007 2.5 gas Beetle, Cigarette lighter/12V was broken, I found after testing all fuses with multimeter that Cigarette lighter/12V was plugged into Fuse #27, which had blown. I replaced #27 (diagrammed as daylight running lights, not!!) and the Cigarette lighter/12V works perfectly now.

So we need somebody to do a revised fuse diagram for the 2.5, this was supposed to be fuse #41 (which had no fuse in it) but is NOT.

Does VW change their fuse locations from time to time by model and model year, or does my particular car just have a glitch?

leemcgee
Finally. Thanks for this post on the incorrect fuse diagram for the 12V outlets!:)

·
μολὼν λαβ
213 Posts
You have three cig plugs?

Starting in '06 (which model or later I assume you have, since you posted under the 2.5 engine threads), NBCs have a plug in front and in back of the console, but the trunk cig plug was discontinued (and man, do I miss it). Or is it still there, so cleverly hidden that I have overlooked it?!? :confused:

And I'm intrigued by Fuse Positions 8 and 17, courtesy of missruby, in this era of NB decontenting (even the not-quite-warm-water blue dash light is gone now!)... perhaps VW has some interesting plans for future NBs... :cool:
My '09 has two in front, almost side by side, below the A/C controls, one at rear of console, and one in the trunk.

·
VoodooMaster
75 Posts
My '09 has two in front, almost side by side, below the A/C controls, one at rear of console, and one in the trunk.
I read more about this documentation issue on the forum, it seems that VW quality control is lacking in more that a few ways. The fuse 41 / fuse 27 documentation bugaboo really pisses me, since my profession is electrical engineering. I just EXPECT the fuse documentation to be corrected, especially since the hose-up occurred so many years ago. My 2010 owners manual should have been correctly printed. Now I am thinking that I will rewire the 12v outlets to actually route to fuse 41. I only have 1 in front under the AC controls.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Have you looked at a bentley manual or you might considor downloading the factory service manual off of vw's erwin site, by paying for one day of online access. $36 for one day of erwin access and then download the .pdf's for your car and then you can refer to them later (printable if needed). I can't guarantee the accuracy of the fuse diagrams but that would be your best bet for vw factory provided service manual info.

https://erwin.vw.com

·
VoodooMaster
75 Posts
Have you looked at a bentley manual or you might considor downloading the factory service manual off of vw's erwin site, by paying for one day of online access. $36 for one day of erwin access and then download the .pdf's for your car and then you can refer to them later (printable if needed). I can't guarantee the accuracy of the fuse diagrams but that would be your best bet for vw factory provided service manual info.

https://erwin.vw.com
Got a hard copy Bently coming in the mail. The fuse issue is looking better than I thought. I reviewed the 2010 Owners manual and discovered that the VW people actually DID indicate that the 2010 12Vdc power plug is run thru fuse 27 and NOT thru fuse 41. The little cheat sheet fuse location card in the fuse box is incorrect, but now I feel better that the bozos at least made the Owners manual correct.

I can't seem to get the erwin website to allow me in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for this post! I have a 2003 2.0 new beetle with unpowered cig lighters and no fuse in #41. Bit of checking around found blown 20A fuse in #21 which fixed it. Fuse card icon for this looks like a book with an exclamation mark.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts