NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. My name is Gabrielle but most call me Gabbs or Gabbie. Born and raised here in Omaha, NE. I'm now 18 going to massage therapy school... I'll be done in August. Then the west coast is calling me. Anyway, I've been in the Dub scene since I was 12. I got my first VW at 15, it was a 1973 bus that I referbished and sold when I was 17. Then I bought a 1987 Jetta GLI Wolfsburg edition that I did a 2.0 aba engine swap in and sold last month to a friend in Lincoln, NE. I bought my 03 Beetle about 2 weeks ago. Traded the Mk2 Jetta and cash for the wheels. I'm the Omaha VW club secretary here in town. Love my Volkswagens.

Mods so far are:
-ABT wheels
-Thule beetle rack

The beetle is a Flordia car, and was bought by someone here in Nebraska in 2009...then they put 100,000 miles on it. Amnd their dog scratched the heck out of stuff...GRRRR:mad: I'm an enthusuast though and beileve about the journey, no the destination. My goals are this car as follws:

-FK coilovers in the spring
-$300 Kenwood radio installed and take out the broken 6 disc changer in the middle compartment.
-New turn signals. headlights and tails (crystal clear)
-Custom headliner and dash kit
-ko3 turbo and tune

Once that's taken care of I'd eventually like to do an automatic to manual tranny swap, maybe upgrade to a 1.8t
(This is my daily though so, I'll have to stick with the small mods now).

All about that stance so some camber may be in the works too.

Here are some pics (I'll take more tonight when I get the roof rack on) (It's water-cooled VW meeting night):

Who needs just ONE flower when you can do a bouquet?

How to fit 5 wheels, a backpack, a cooler, and massage table sheets in the back of a bug

My baby

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
I love your story, and enthusiasm, VW Gal!! :party:

Welcome to the Org, and Welcome to the New Beetle! :wave2:

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
Lol.....you have been caught,bitten and ingested by the bug for sure!!
You go girl :D

Sandi in Tennessee

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

·
Go Blue!
293 Posts
Welcome!!

Very beautiful Beetle you have, I love your enthusiasm :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

rack is on

Here are some pics of my old VWs, and my current project (1982 Honda CB125s)

My old 1987 Jetta. I did that engine swap by myself

My VW room

MY mk3 Jetta parts car I still have

My bus when I bought her

It's all about seeing potential. Humans need to have that insight too. It seems like almost all of the time, we judge and forget. We need to see the potential in one another. Hope you all have a great day.

Love,
Gabbs

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
:bowdown: You go, girl!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
A buddy of mine did a little photoshop....mmmmm just a little negative camber and we are perfect. I picked out the material for my custom headliner. It's just a plain baby blue silk fabric. Then I'm making custom seat slips out of baby blue material that has some sort of print, I haven't decided on that yet.

If you have Instagram go ahead and follow me, I have more pics of the bug and other daily stuff going on.

@gabbsvw

Met a new friend tonight too:

look at that booty

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
Hey Gabby, I moved this thead to the Photo Forum, add any and all new pics to this thread. Your personal photo album here at the Org, all in one place.

Please let me know what you would like to name the thread. I will change it to whatever you want. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Few pics from today. My DeAutoKey LED kit comes in tomorrow, and I'm getting an oil change and an alignment tomorrow as well. I bought all of my radio things today to do my swap. That will take place on Thursday.

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
This bug is lucky you found it! There's a few other Beetle owners in Omaha, we'd love to meet you all at our Roswell GTG in 2015!! Keep posting pics!!

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
I love your Bug, but I do have a question. Why the "4X4" badge on the rear? :confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love your Bug, but I do have a question. Why the "4X4" badge on the rear? :confused:
Motivation to get it low. Actually I get asked about it all the time. There is a built 4 motion bug in Canada so this is an example of what happens:

*At a red light on highway 370*
*guy motions to roll down my window*
guy: I saw the 4x4 on your bug, is it really a 4x4?
me: Oh yes it is! It's imported from Canada...Very rare, not a lot were built
guy: That's fricken awesome! Congratulations! Have fun with that thing...

See guy's dig it ;) It'll be off in a few months

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Was browsing Craigslist just to look at some stuff after work and BAM...free leather 2001 beetle seats, that are heated and have the airbags still intact. Front and rear...free.

I'm going to get these tomorrow night after school. These will be awesome when they're recovered.

Can't beat that price!

·
My other VW is a VW
141 Posts
Wow nice collection of cars and goodies! I am totally steeling that hub cap clock idea. I have one of those hanging on my fence.

Beetle looks great. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow nice collection of cars and goodies! I am totally steeling that hub cap clock idea. I have one of those hanging on my fence.

Beetle looks great. Keep up the good work!
Thanks, I appreciate it! Work will never be finished on my car. So i will continue working hard until I die, or it dies...which ever comes faster :D

My LED kit came in today. They sent me the wrong license plate bulbs, so they are kindly sending me new bulbs for that. Everything else turned out good. Don't mind the messy car. I'll be taking the lights out next week, because I hope to recover the headliner next weekend. Does anybody know if they sell the little metal tabs to hold the light on, at AutoZone or the like? I broke one :(

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
A grease-wearing, wrench turning beetle babe! Very cool kid! Welcome to the org Gabbie. Mighty glad to have you here. Nice VW collection to. Very nice to see ol school youngsters keepin' it real:bigthimb:

Keep the pics coming!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Went and picked up these babies tonight. He told me to bring a truck...psshhhhh do you know who I am? They need a good cleaning, but no rips or tears. Plus, he gave me the switches and the wires.

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
Those were free? AWESOME!! I have snared some great Freebies from CL too. My dining set, the 4" queen size memory foam topper, a down comforter (my bed is soooo comfy!)and some other great stuff.

Great snag!!! :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts