NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I also have a Miata that I use as a summer car (it's too low for the snow up here in New Hampshire, but I still have the roof down until it goes into storage) and one of the things that has made ownership a lot easier is http://miata.net.

Particularly useful sections are the garage, where people have written some very useful guides on how to do maintenance and how to solve common problems and finding just what that rattle is.

They also have an excellent buying guide, a list of all the service bulletins, maintenance schedules and a car revision history. Can we start to impliment something like this here? I'd love to help.

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
My favorite winter car of all time was my 1994 Miata. I slapped on snow tires and made it thru snow as deep as 17". I miss that lil car and I have to agree that Miata.Net is an excellant example of how a true enthusiast site should be put together.

I would love a Garage section.. and I have done a few "how to's".. due to thier popularity we have added a "how to" section and welcome contributions.

:)

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fowvay said:
My favorite winter car of all time was my 1994 Miata. I slapped on snow tires and made it thru snow as deep as 17".
I love my 95 too, but it's supercharged and lowered a lot, and the thought of hitting a lump of ice that's just fallen off someones wheelarch does not appeal. But virgin snow in a nice big carpark - that's just donut time :D

Fowvay said:
I would love a Garage section.. and I have done a few "how to's".. due to thier popularity we have added a "how to" section and welcome contributions. :)
Doh - spot the newbie. Even though I've read a few of your's I forget they are there. Can we expand it even more? I'm in the process of buying my first water cooled bug, and will certainly do some write ups when I get it and do work.

·
Cherchez la coeur...
977 Posts
Eeyore said:
only problem is that the how to section is locked for new posts for all of us but the moderators... :(
Yeah, I've wondered about that.

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
Eeyore said:
only problem is that the how to section is locked for new posts for all of us but the moderators... :(
You can allways create your How-to's in the technical discussions areas, then contact a moderator/admin to have them moved over to the appropriate area...

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
It's no problem, it keeps the how-to section from being junked up by conversation and non-how-to posts.

Feel free to create a how-to, and post it. Contact any moderator (feel free to contact me) and we'll move it into the how-to section, and create the discussion thread in the proper location.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All sounds good. Thank you.

Do you think it's worth having an 'electrical' section to cover all the wiring, lighting etc issues into the Technical section?

Sorry if I seem to be asking lots of questions and rocking the boat when I've only just got here, and don't even have a beetle yet, it's just these are things I have found useful to have on other car forums.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
It's cool; someone's gotta rock it to see if something falls out. :)

We've discussed an electrical forum, but nix'd the idea once due to demand. It wouldn't be a bad idea though. I guess we'll keep an eye open for electrical issues poping up in the concerns & problems forum.

It's really hard to distinguish between electrical and other problems sometimes though. (MAF sensor? or the electrical connection to the MAF? mechanical door sensor, or the electical connection to it?)
Plus there's the audio section which might incurr alot of overlap/confusion.

I wouldn't say it's been ruled out; just needs some verification that it'd be a good move.

·
strange things are afoot
1,535 Posts
well, Ive just today created a How to on the Fuel filler door with the part number, ETKA screenshot, and a link to Jais old thread in it in the technical section...also has a link to the part on impex..

anyone care to replace the place holder thread marvin has in the how to forum then?

HERE is the thread I created

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Certainly, I'll move the whole thread to the new forums though, rather than leave the content where it's at. It may be this evening before I take that on though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts