NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 498 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are gasoline prices in your area? Here (Oklahoma City) they are falling lately. I've seen the price drop from $2.89 to $2.39 in just three weeks. :D

Gary

·
2015 Acura TLX
5,429 Posts
GaryR53 said:
What are gasoline prices in your area? Here (Oklahoma City) they are falling lately. I've seen the price drop from $2.89 to $2.39 in just three weeks. :D

Gary
Dude! It has dropped down to the $2.80s from the $3+ level. $2.39? How retro...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alan Margosian said:
Dude! It has dropped down to the $2.80s from the $3+ level. $2.39? How retro...
The advantage of living nearer the source, I guess. :D
Also, the cost of living here is lower than elsewhere in the nation. We have the fourth lowest housing costs in the nation, for example.

Gary

·
Retired Car Whore
7,047 Posts
$2.55/gal in Bowling Green, KY. I've seen it drop about a penny every day for the last 3 weeks. When it goes down in price, its a penny at a time, but when it goes up in price, it can almost always be measured in dimes. :-/

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Market manipulation?

I'm not into grand conspiracies, but doesn't it seem odd that gas/diesel prices are going down while crude hasn't changed?

When crude prices topped $70-per-barrel, gas (and diesel) prices quickly shot up in lock-step. OK, cost of raw materials drove up the end products prices, just as economics rules state. But we're seeing gas/diesel dropping in spite of high crude prices. This seems suspicious.

Now that Congress has started hearings, and more importantly, is getting close to elections, the prices are sliding, while crude hasn't budged from the same $70 range, and world tensions have, if anything, deteriorated further.

So what's driving prices down? I don't have the answer, but it does seem curious.

·
Super Moderator
5,354 Posts
it's about $2.4x for the cheap suff and $2.99 for diesel. Much better than $2.89. I heard it was supposed to be closer to $2.00 around Turkey day or X-mas

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
$2.48 for regular last night. The paper had an article yesterday that was predicting gas would be close to $2.00 by the end of the year.

·
Registered
277 Posts
diesel is still 2.99 here and gas is about 2.68 I think. I am still glad I got a TDI though cause I know gas will go back up and I still have a hard time remembering the last time I filled up.....

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
mel72349 said:
I'm not into grand conspiracies, but doesn't it seem odd that gas/diesel prices are going down while crude hasn't changed?

When crude prices topped $70-per-barrel, gas (and diesel) prices quickly shot up in lock-step. OK, cost of raw materials drove up the end products prices, just as economics rules state. But we're seeing gas/diesel dropping in spite of high crude prices. This seems suspicious.

Now that Congress has started hearings, and more importantly, is getting close to elections, the prices are sliding, while crude hasn't budged from the same $70 range, and world tensions have, if anything, deteriorated further.

So what's driving prices down? I don't have the answer, but it does seem curious.
It's a mild hurricane season so far, crude prices coming down, and the end of the summer season.

·
Super Moderator
14,750 Posts
The news was saying prices were going up, but I just saw premium @ $2.99! *And*, it was at a "good" station! :clap:

·
How To Make A Beetle Baby
1,905 Posts
GaryR53 said:

Gary
Out here in Spencer (near Midwest City, OK) the Walmart has it at $2.37

·
Aphid is FUN!
1,747 Posts
Yesterday, I paid $2.49/gallon for premium, and this morning I saw it at another station for $2.45. If I'd tried to save that 4 cents/gal, I would have been pushing it...literally. :D Midgrade 89 octane was $2.35, and 87 octane was 2.25.

Mild hurricane season, aye, that's important that there have not been supply interuptions like the last couple of years. I read that forecasters are projecting a mild winter in the north east, and some economics were predicting that development might push prices down some more.:clap:

That's not going to change my habits, because using transit still saves wear and tear on the car AND on my nerves since I don't have to drive in midtown Atlanta traffic. :cool:

1 - 20 of 498 Posts