NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
It only works for the seller. :cool:

In other words, don't waste your money on that. It's a piece of crap that doesn't do a damned thing except sit in the intake. You're better off keeping that money in your bank. :D

-Des

·
I am McLovin
1,823 Posts
it sounds exagerated, but i am a kid with out a job and i need to save money where ever i can now, it does something that makes sence, it gets rid of some of the turbulance in the tube and that will help in some of the perfomance(i dont think 30% more mpg) but it has to do somethin. now i dont know about you but i want one becaust it is cheap and should help me in the long run with some gas mileage

·
Unlimited Reality Designs
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MY1STNB said:
it sounds exagerated, but i am a kid with out a job and i need to save money where ever i can now, it does something that makes sence, it gets rid of some of the turbulance in the tube and that will help in some of the perfomance(i dont think 30% more mpg) but it has to do somethin. now i dont know about you but i want one becaust it is cheap and should help me in the long run with some gas mileage

i agree. im getting one for sure. just not sure how to install it.

·
Tell your mom I said hi
444 Posts
If you send me $25 I will send you a certificate suitable for framing that says "You've been screwed"
The end result will be the same and you won't have to worry about instillation.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I agree with Bugmonkey. I have tested a friends so calld "Tornato fuel saver" at a dyno meet. Same thing different name, no gian in hp what so ever. It was ran 2 times. vs stock.
Serisly BULL FLOP! Im suprised they havent gotn sued!
Im not sure about the fuel savings but i do know if they lie about the hp gain..... Then......

·
180 Degrees out of faze
841 Posts
The fastest way to fuel savings is to slow down. Remember speed KILLS fuel economy.
The best example is last Tuesday I made a 541 mile trip, and drove about 6 to 8 MPH faster than normal. The result was that I got 10% less fuel mileage. It was a bit of a shock. I can't blame all the lower mileage on CARBinated fuel, it had to do with my right foot.
Do the usual, keep track of the tire pressure. In winter the pressure will drop a bit. Plan ahead so you can make one trip do instead of making several.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You want to save fuel costs? I get 50 mpg city and 65+mpg highway. That shiny metal thing has been on the market for many decades and serves only to extract money from the foolish.

·
180 Degrees out of faze
841 Posts
Well, if you are convinced that it is going to do something, get yourself an empty tin can of the correct size. Then with some tin snips, cut to the same shape as in the photos. Then bend over the tips.

But before you make all that effort, just think for a moment. What is it supposed to do? Stop the air turbulence? Take a look at your MAF. It has a screen built in to do just that so the sensor will read correctly. So, you already have a turbulence suppressor built into the intake. So, why put in an air restricter as well?

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
I'll echo hannaco's comments on speed/tire pressure/etc.

If you keep your speedo exactly at what the posted speed limit is, you'll get much better mileage. I was able to eke out almost 400 miles (well, 399.1 before I chickened out) out of my NBC 1.8T. And I've also been able to log over 430 miles on a tank on my 2.0L.

Easy acceleration (no over-revving), no speeding, proper tire pressure. Those three things will ultimately save you more money than that metal thief will.

-Des

·
Registered
5 Posts
If it really worked..Don't you think the Manufacturer would install them.:rolleyes: .They spend Millions trying to find ways to get better mileage..
Forget it..Save your money :)

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Deserion said:
I'll echo hannaco's comments on speed/tire pressure/etc.

If you keep your speedo exactly at what the posted speed limit is, you'll get much better mileage. I was able to eke out almost 400 miles (well, 399.1 before I chickened out) out of my NBC 1.8T. And I've also been able to log over 430 miles on a tank on my 2.0L.

Easy acceleration (no over-revving), no speeding, proper tire pressure. Those three things will ultimately save you more money than that metal thief will.

-Des
I was surprised at how much difference just a few mph makes. Last tank I kept the speed just a few mph higher (keeping up with nascar wannabees) than the last and was rewarded with 2.5 mpg less (about 28mpg). I normally count on approx 450 miles per tank.

·
180 Degrees out of faze
841 Posts
That very well could be. Have you checked everything? What is your driving style? A lot of short trips? When was the last tuneup? Bigger than stock wheels/tires? What is your tire pressure?
When was the last time the throttle body was cleaned?
Do you have a body kit installed?
You are using 87 octane gas, eh?

·
Unlimited Reality Designs
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hannaco said:
That very well could be. Have you checked everything? What is your driving style? A lot of short trips? When was the last tuneup? Bigger than stock wheels/tires? What is your tire pressure?
When was the last time the throttle body was cleaned?
Do you have a body kit installed?
You are using 87 octane gas, eh?

never had a tune up. factory wheels and tires. not sure of tire pressure. 15 min trips to work and 15 mins back. i normally do about 75 to 85mph normally. throttle never cleaned and no body kit. im the second owner. the car has 60k miles on it. i just got an nuespeed intake 3 days ago. what else do i need for a tune up and where and how can i clean the throttle body.

·
Eine Kleine Panzer
210 Posts
Do the following to keep your finicky machine in tip-top shape:

Definitely replace those plugs and wires!!!

Replace the the fuel filter and run some fuel injector cleaner in your next tank (Tech-Ron is a good choice).

Keep the oil and filter replaced at correct intervals.

Avoid jack-rabbit launches and last minute braking

As hannaco said keep tire pressure at correct psi.

Do these things and your car will be happy and last longer without major problems. You may see your fuel economy improve.

Throttle body needs to be removed for cleaning, but if you are not having fuel delivery problems, there is no need to do it.

·
180 Degrees out of faze
841 Posts
I think I know where your mileage has gone.
"15 min trips to work and 15 mins back. i normally do about 75 to 85mph normally. "
75 to 85 MPH will suck gas like nobody's business. Try slowing down to 65 to 70, and see how much that improves your mileage.
Just be sure to duct cold air to the Neuspeed intake, and not the hot air under the hood for best results.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts