NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 2.0 Turbo Beetle. One morning I turn the key to accessory, and my gauge cluster is dead. Car will turn over, and Idle for 2-3 seconds before shutting off on its own. I took it to the dealership, and they find C3 (5Amp) Dash cluster fuse is blown and replace it. I drive it home, and fuse blows again on my next drive. Is my dash cluster shorting out? Is there a bad relay that's stuck, and causing it to blow? Is there a nicked wire somewhere between the fuse box and dash cluster?

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
Good question, sounds like the recurring blown fuse, is a symptom of a greater unresolved problem; i would take the car back to the dealer who worked on it and have them complete the needed repairs.

If you decide to do the repairs yourself; testing, scanning with a vw factory level scan tool like vcds by ross tech would be helpful, something like a resettable fuse buddy type tool and then a do process of finding the short in the wiring. This checking/testing the various related modules/parts in the blown fuse circuit, for problems; would result, in a process of elimination, when the fuse stops "blowing" you would find the problem.

Are you going to take it back to the vw dealer or try to fix it yourself?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts