NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
volks r cool
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I 'am considering puttung the pod from bernt in my bug...what is the best brand for gauges???coolant temp---oil press--volt gauge..thnx in advance

·
Registered
146 Posts
I got mine from:
NewSouth Performance
They are also the correct indigo blue.
And they have a piece that makes it easy to hook up oil pressure and temp:
NewSouth Performance
I add that this piece is easy to install but the extra length it adds to to the oil cooler doesn't allow the use of the Big VW Mahle oil filters, cause it hits the front cross piece.
But I stick with the usual Fram/ stocker and they fit fine.

·
volks r cool
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
re;gauges

thnx guys for the valuble info....doing this once is good enuff...not a good to do twice....hey ziptron...what hardware/parts do I need for coolant gauge hook-up??? checked manual and under hood ..what a nitemare for sensors and location...wow....thnx guys

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
VDO's aren't the best of the best but they're definitely good enough. I run a Bernt pod with VDO's in both of my NB's. I've never had a problem. The 42DD perfect match LED regulator is garbage though, mine has never worked right. I just run white 194's in the TDI and I've never had a problem. They don't match but in reality I don't drive a ton at night, it doesn't bother me like I thought it would. They match 100% in the day no matter what lighting setup you run.

·
volks r cool
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re:gauges

very good info...now I'am wondering if going with the LED lights is the right thing to do...the info just keeps a comming....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts