NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've never really posted pictures of him because he's pretty much completely stock. :eek:

But, I had $5 and decided to do a couple cosmetic fixes while the weather wasn't unbearably cold. I'll take pictures of what I did tomorrow. :)

//edit. 1.3.11

Interior Mods:

- Kicker KS Component Speakers
- Alpine Head Unit
- Swarovsky Crystal Details
- 5% tint all the way around
- crappy interior painting, FIESTA TIME!
- Re-done headliner, thanks to JD

Other stuff that's been done:
- New Tires (haha)
- Clear Corners and Rear Markers with SilverStar bulbs *now tinted*
- NEW complete motor with VenAir Hoses
- NEW autofail tranny (3rd time's a charm.. new 5 speed sitting to be rebuilt and swapped, 5.22.14)
- Motegi Racing wheels
- Votex Stainless Catback Exhaust.
- Forge 007 Diverter Valve
- Short Ram Intake (now in the trash, drove me nuts. Stock ftw.)
- Bigger 312mm brakes, EBC USR rotors and Redstuff pads, and carriers from a 337
- KYB AGX Adjustable Struts and Shocks
- Neuspeed Race Springs (because all yellow everything)
- 4bar FPR
- Revo stage 2 tune
- 2.0T mkV coil packs and Integrated Engineering adapters
- 3" Catless downpipe
- E-Code headlights. (Pending full HID retrofit from the retrofitsource, if I ever stop being lazy!)

The day I drove him off the lot, May 2008:

and a current picture, as he stands November 2013

Inside joke involving my purple hair.. my wonderdful friends started photoshopping Grimace over me. So I joined in with my handy skills :p

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
That interior looks great! Wanna clean mine for me :) Yellow is such a happy color for a beetle. You can never be sad driving one. I think your two tone paint came from having a bra on the car all the time. Still looks good though.

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That interior looks great! Wanna clean mine for me :) Yellow is such a happy color for a beetle. You can never be sad driving one. I think your two tone paint came from having a bra on the car all the time. Still looks good though.
Yeah, when I bought the car it had one on. I thought it was hideous and decided to take it off. On my way home from the car lot, I was going down the highway and it actually blew halfway off.. :confused: I guess a seam ripped or something.. That pretty much solidified my decision to take it off. :)

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,403 Posts
nice bug :)

i have that same cracked lower valance...broke mine last winter on a visit to my sister in Upper Michigan.

stitched it together with two cable ties...it's worked out so well i still haven't replaced the valance. :lol:

·
Catch me riding s00ty!
3,981 Posts
On one I on my list, it is a 2000 Batik Blue GLX and the previous owner did the same thing too but replaced the valence with a non fogight one... Probably my only oppertunity for a discount!

Nice NB! Nothing wrong with your two tone paint. Its much more noticible on colors like Cyber Green and Techno Blue than yellow! BTW, I love the stock rims!! Are they 17"?

·
Fiona's proud mom <3
4,672 Posts
Very nice yellow beetle :thup: i like the yellow a lot and CJ is right, the cyber green fading is horribly noticeable, luckily mine hasent gotten to that stage and never will *crosses fingers*

anyway my bug is completely stock down to the radio and everything!! but its still nice to take pics of every once in a while :)

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
Greetings from Broken Arrow! George looks very nice! He's lucky you rescued him from that previous owner! Can't wait to see your updates!

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
On one I on my list, it is a 2000 Batik Blue GLX and the previous owner did the same thing too but replaced the valence with a non fogight one... Probably my only oppertunity for a discount!

Nice NB! Nothing wrong with your two tone paint. Its much more noticible on colors like Cyber Green and Techno Blue than yellow! BTW, I love the stock rims!! Are they 17"?

Actually, I have no clue about the rims. I believe they're 17" but I'm not sure where theycame from.. possibly a GLX? I hope someone can enlighten me because I would like to know. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was the previous owners fault... and my foglight doesn't work! :(

My car is 2 shades of yellow..he looks like he has a 5'o clock shadow.

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My best friend just bought a Mini Cooper last week. She named him William. He and George are long-lost brothers. :D

We decided to go cruising down Memorial this weekend. She decided to wash her car so I just pulled up next to her. I didn't want George getting waterspots.:rolleyes:

Then we went to Bueno. One of my friends in the Cooper spotted a cart behind Bueno and wanted to play with it. :screwy:
So, instead of following a gorgeous Turbo S that just drove by, I had to turn around and park in an alley so she could play with the stupid cart.. haha.
Another photo op.. :rolleyes:

These are from the day after we went to Arkansas to pick up the Cooper.

·
Real men drive beetles.
107 Posts
Those minis are so sweet. Wouldnt mind having a supercharged one.

Very cool pics, I really like the 3rd to last one!

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got bored while my boyfriend was changing my oil so I decided so put swarovsky crystals on my gauges.. haha. Then I decided to put them on my... uhh... whatever you'd call it. Shifter??? haha. :p

my boyfriend said he wouldn't ever drive my car again if I kept making it girly. I caught his bluff. He can't stay away from it. :rolleyes:

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
Diggin' the crystals. Good call putting them next to the shifter!

Wow, it's about time I hear an .orger talking about Memorial and Bueno. You should come hang with the Tulsa VW club some time. We're having an activities committee meeting next Saturday night at Brother's Pizza in Bixby at 5 if you'd like to join us, maybe bring a few suggestions for activities. And regardless, one of these days we have to let George and my Paul McCARtney meet!

Oh yeah, and great pics! :D

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
I'd mentioned the VW club dinner tomorrow. Just got word that we changed locations and time. We'll be at Mazzio's at 51st and Sheridan at 5:30. If you can't make it to this, I'll start trying to post activities in the events section of the .org and maybe you can join us some other time!

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Yay! Touched up dash painting!

I hate pollen!! :(

·
Super Moderator
20,814 Posts
:jawdrop:WoW!!! That is noyce:bigthumb:! Is it the camera, or is that a different color yellow? Whatever the case, that looks so good... I like it!

And I was starting to wonder where you were. I guess these pics explaing it all:D.

More pics please.

Quality work m'am:thup:

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
:jawdrop:WoW!!! That is noyce:bigthumb:! Is it the camera, or is that a different color yellow? Whatever the case, that looks so good... I like it!

And I was starting to wonder where you were. I guess these pics explaing it all:D.

More pics please.

Quality work m'am:thup:
I graduate in less than 2 weeks.. I've been SO busy it's crazy! I quit my job I'm so busy. :D

BUT...

I picked out speakers, an amp, and a sub today!! (I'm in the process of putting together plans for building a custom box for the amp and sub! and it's gonna be purple!!) :p

·
Super Moderator
20,814 Posts
I like it:D

You've got some funky/cool colors working. It fits with the whole George/Beetle/60's vibe. Good taste kiddo:bigthumb:

Keep the pics coming:). You need to cook yourself up a photoshoot. Find you a good location and snap away- Rock that camera phone:banana:

And congrats on your gradjulation in a couple of weeks. As you can see, my edjumaction paid off:crazy::lol:

1 - 20 of 145 Posts