NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys, the new year is approaching, which means it's time to plan for the 2k12 annual GA gtg.

February 25th, 2012 at Stone Mountain Park, Stone Mountain Georgia!

Parking pass is $10. If there is a cost issue for anyone, please let me know, we'll work something out ;)

The restaurants will be open, and the museum will be open, if nothing else, we can go to the top of the mountain (it says the sky lift will be open), and just enjoy the scenery. I figure, after we enjoy the park, we can either hit one of the restaurants there or we can leave the park and find something a little cheaper. There will be shopping available as well, so, if you are into getting some Stone Mountain souvenirs, then bring a little spending cash if you can.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OFFICIAL DETAILS:

We'll be meeting at

Village Cafe
6670 James B Rivers Memorial drive #500
Stone Mountain, Ga

They have us down for a reservation at 12 (noon). I told her between 12 and 12:30. Saturday February 25th.

Then after lunch (depending on weather) we'll head to Stone Mountain Park! :D

IF it rains and we decide not to head to Stone Mountain, then there will be a back-up plan. Working on that as we speak.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attendee's

2012 Turbo-B
MichelleRoze
FreakyBeetle
HwDoYuSlpAtNite
Captain Xeroid
gski4life

Toad?
75shot?
TennesseeBug?
EvilinaDM101?
Severe?
dedwards?
Emi?

:cool:

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
WOOT!:banana:

I'm kinda fond of Stone Mountain. For me, it kicked off a string of memorable GtG's; some of which are now annual and major players in the southeast nB landscape, namely Stone Mountain, St. Augustine, Dreher Island and of course the mack daddy, ToD. So Stone Mountain is special to me.

I'm cool with a cookout- whatever I can do, let me know:)

Feb 25th sounds good to me. Like you said, it should be a bit warmer, plus gives us a little more time to rebound from the holidays:D.

Let me get back to you for sure on our RSVP. Gonna see when the Old Town GtG is. I hope they're on different dates- I want to attend both:).

·
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bumping the thread. Any idea guys? I'll be working at Target still by the time this gtg rolls around, but as it turns out, looks like I'll have Saturdays off! :D So, that's great! I'd like to get an "official date" atleast by the new year. So if there is an issue with this date, let me know asap. Otherwise, once it hits the first, the date in the first post will be the date of the gtg!

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
Sounds good

We are very interested in a Stone Mountain GTG. Looking forward to the finalized date so we can make sure we are conflict free.

Chuckie & Nurse Diesel

·
Momentai!!!
1,092 Posts
Shanwtina and I might be interested in coming but we would need to try and find a place to stay over night because it's like a 5 hour drive for us.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
We would have at least one bed available too, if anyone else needs a place to stay. My kids can sleep together, or with my mom. lol

Michelle, you know we're in for this gtg. And if all else failed, my place is always open to a gtg. But an activity like something at Stone Mountain does sound good too. :)

·
Momentai!!!
1,092 Posts
That would be awesome! Thank you both! When you get a date set please let me know so I can ask off for work. I would really like to come. I've never been to Georgia!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
310 Posts
Loooooong overdue!!!

Michelle, you know I have that open invite that I have yet to have taken advantage of. Me & Eggy are awwwl in!!! If not prior to late Feb...

·
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still keeping the date at February 25th if that works for everyone. After the new year I will update with more information. Still tossing around ideas of things to do. I know a lot of people's budgets aren't what they used to be, so I will do my best to make it free or next to free. ;)

I'll also be sending out PM's after the new year as well. Just gotta get past this busy point in life right now. Hope everyone is having a great holiday season and looking forward to new adventures in 2012!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
We put this GTG on our calendar.

·
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For those that don't know, here are a few pictures from Stone Mountain that I found:

On the side of the mountain:

Same view just further out to see the whole mountain:

View of Atlanta from the top of the Mountain:

Another view of the city:

The skylift that gets you to the top:

Another view from the mountain:

And that folks is just pics from the mountain, not even the plantation homes and other fun things that they have! So, trust me, if you LOVE taking awesome photos...BRING YOUR CAMERA!!! Make sure your SD cards are empty, maybe buy a bigger one, or bring a few replacements, you will not be disappointed.

Also, if we do end up on the top of the mountain (which I doubt anyone will object to), might want to bring a jacket just in case it's kinda breezy!! So yes, we'll have a blast!!!

·
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bump

Come on guys. Only a few weeks away. I will try to send out some messages to those that have attended previous years and those that are close and might be willing to make the trip.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I don't know... it might be too far of a drive. *runs from Michelle* LOL

1 - 20 of 118 Posts