NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Randomly every two months or so, when I shut the engine off, the same bell that warns the driver of low fuel, sounds off. I have no warning lights or codes. The engine runs fine. I just can't figure out why that bell goes off?

·
squirreljuice
388 Posts
I know this is a bit of a stretch comparison but a friend of mine has a bad fuel pump in his Pontiac and randomly it will set the low fuel alarm off and the needle will drop to zero. So, maybe you should have your fuel pump checked and see if thats whats causing the alarm to go off.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On this last tank of gas the fuel guage was pretty erratic on the first 1/2 tank. I know how many miles the guage should read (roughly) for every 1/4 mark. Normally I go close to 150 miles on the first 1/4 tank then buy half tank its at 250 then by time the fuel light comes on I am at 350 miles. This last tank I was at 90 miles at the first quarter and only and only 200 at a half and then finished of at 360 miles at the fuel light.
It would be sad to see the pump go at only 72000 miles.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,931 Posts
I will say that in over 6 years of ownership, I've never had that happen at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts