NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I've found quite a bit of useful information here.
I have a 99 beetle (gas) with problems. The car started off with it being difficult to start, was able to turn the key, everything worked, but the starter sometimes would not kick over. Had a buddy check it out, but still has the same problem. After he looked it over, the air bag light turned on, the rear hatch open light turned on, power windows were all screwy ( drivers side worked sometimes, passenger side never.) He then pulled out all the relays thinking they were the same and now can't figure out where they go.
I've decided to not have him touch my car any more.
This long story is just to ask if anyone can point me to a diagram of relay locations or just tell me where they go. I know where the relay block is, I need individual relay locations.

thanks

·
I love my family!
2,887 Posts
Go to your local library (assuming you have other transportation) and look at a Haynes or other shop manual. That should at least get you in the right direction.
Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
if you pvt me (so that I get the email at home), I'll check and scan my Chilton's for you on the electrical chapters dealing with relay data.

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
Oh, and smart move not to let the person who didn't write down the order to which he removed relays and then was unable to reinstall them!

Also, it might sound like I'm crazy, but if you don't have a new battery it might just be time. My car's battery died and it did some of the funky things you say like it would start once then not again for 4-5 times, but eventually I lost the trip meter, too, which was my dead giveaway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts