NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Well as most of you may know the car i have been asking questions about is my girlfriends 1999 NEW BEETLE... well sadly last night around 2 in the morning she was coming home from her step dads and a stupid **** ran the stop light and T-BONED her BEETLE into a complete loss... the stupid guy who hit her was beyond drunk... and was driving with the headlights turned off... and he had no LICENSE on him or INSURANCE... he also tried to flee the scene but was caught by some witnesses... that sucks... my girlfriend is shaken up and i am gonna convince her to hire a lawyer to sue the driver and the owner of the vehicle... her car was completely fully insured and the sad thing is that she was so happy that i had fixed her cooling problem and now she is so sad because it was fixed and that stupid **** hit her... sad...

·
Wheeeeeeeee!
250 Posts
I'm so sorry :(

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
That sucks, and I know you're frustrated (with good reason), but please do not cuss on the forums. It's an infraction of our rules and you can be banned from the site for it.

I'm glad your girlfriend is okay. Thanks for understanding,

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
supercharged_v6 said:
sorry and thanks for letting me vent.... beetles are kool once u get beyond the electrical and lil issues they have
No big deal...thanks for understanding. :)

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
You just did a timing belt job too, right? That does suck - glad she is okay. Well, the good news is, if she wants another Beetle, you can find her a TDI and get the better mileage! :)

·
It's a shot glass!
1,530 Posts
damn that sucks.... If the guy didn't have a DL and no insurance I doubt you'll get much out of him if you sue him. It's always worth a try though.

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
I would not have any simphaty for a drunk driver, would get the aluminium bat on my trunk and proceed the beat the .... out of him, minimum id break all 4 extremities so he could not drive for 6 months.
You think I am kidding?

I am really a non violent guy but drunk drivers and stoned wackos really get me...I have seen to many lives destroyed by this failed suicidial animals...

Glad your girlfriend is OK, sue this guy if nothing happens Ill lend you my aluminium bat.. :D

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Girlfriend gets t-boned

Hats off to you guys. I am new to this web and have been on other sites and when someone is called about an infraction,usually it follows a hail of insults. Great Job to all:)

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Oh god that sucks. :(

I'm glad she's okay. Deffinately sick the legals on him. You can get his wages garnished and who knows. The bastard shouldn't have been driving, and knows it. Let'em have it.

:( Sorry for the loss; I hope you get something worked out; I can't imagine what I'd do in that situation.

·
Registered
867 Posts
If she has uninsured coverage, then her insurance will pay. The insurance company will go after the drunk to collect.

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Important thing is that your GF is okay. That car is a total? Looks like it could be repaired. Uninsured Motorist coverage should pay for the damage.

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
man I am so sorry. Those photos are painful, but not the worst I've seen. She is fortunate it was the passenger side -- and farther back. These little cars just can't survive a t-boning :(

So long as she is OK, collect up any parts you can from this one and look to install them in a newer one, perhaps even a TDI if you two see fit :)

But, again, she's OK and that's the key here.

·
strange things are afoot
1,535 Posts
meh, that'll buff right out...

my 2.0 got hit in the front end by a taxicab, I got out the ebay buffer, and found me a tdi. been dieseling ever since, and LOVING it.

before buffer..
then after buffer.. you will find another~

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
Looks like her New Beetle sacrificed it's life for hers. For that, she should be grateful. Now, get her insurance company to go after that lousy drunk! :mad:

·
Aphid is FUN!
1,747 Posts
Assuming she has UIM/UM, her carrier can pay her and subrogate against the other driver/owner. She probably won't have to hire an attorney or sue unless she has medical bills that insurance didn't cover.

Take good care of her and make sure she gets another Dub if the current one has frame damage or can't be repaired economically.:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts