VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 VW New Beetle. I recently ordered brake pads and oil filters. When asked if it’s an S or an SE I didn’t know so I said S. My question is are the brake pads interchangeable as well as the oil filters? Love the very reliable car btw. Fastest VW I ever had and it’s not a Turbo! Only issue in five years of ownership…When I put the windshield wipers on automatic on a windy day when I can hear the wind whistle through the windows (that are stuck closed) the wiper fuse blows. The wipers shake as they move across the windshield and the fuse blows. Mechanics look at me dumbfounded when I tell them about the wind. So where ever we go in the rain we have to manually push down the lever when it gets so bad we can’t see. Using Rain-X has helped.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
I’m assuming, you the 2.5L engine; there were some different engine codes but I would assume, the filters would remain the same.

You might us the vw parts site and use your vin #, to get the correct part #’s or contact your vw dealers parts dept, get a parts quite.

www.parts.vw.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts