VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
jdub-vdub
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The glossy black trim around my sunroof (on the outside roof of the car)developed a TINY fracture on it, VW hadn't seen that before so they gave me a rental and they have had my car almost 3 weeks!!! They have had to re-order the trim an reinstall it like 3 times so far... apparently they glue it down to the car with some sort of adhesive and its having issues with corners coming up, or its re-cracking... does anyone know how this piece comes off and how it is supposed to be installed... they said it wasn't an invasive procedure but they won't I mean WILL NOT give me specifics and its super annoying.. I want to know exactly what they are doing... does anyone have a repair manual for the body? I just want to know how they take that trim off and how they are putting it back on... is it involving my headliner? do they just remove the sunroof? is it really supposed to be glued down? screwed down? any ideas? Thanks!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can't say for the '13's, but for the redesigned '14's, I just went through this.

They had to replace my sunroof also. The headliner comes out and then the panel is released from the inside. Yes, it's glued. When they glue the new one back down, it has to align just so or the hatch will rub on it. Pretty annoying, but that part is adjustable to some degree. They don't have to remove the whole thing again (at least from what they told me). They had mine for 2 1/2 weeks fixing it. (It has to go back again, but for something else they DIDN'T fix.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts