VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS TDI
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am so happy to have found this forum. My new beetle was at the mechanic for a while and I just got it back. So I am working on cosmetic issues now.

I bought a new to me glovebox which I plan to install myself. I have attached a photo of where it goes. There is a broken piece of plastic which I photographed.

Is that going to be a issue when installing the new glove box?
Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
18,570 Posts
So, i’m assuming this is the plastic frame; when the glove box is removed? Do you have the broken pieces and do the other parts screw into it? Worst case scenario you could repair it or get another piece from a junk yard; replace or repair by sectioning in a new piece. Give us more info and more photos of the damage, if needed. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2000 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS TDI
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for replying. So I actually got my beetle for a deal because it didn't run at the time of purchase.
It was someone's project car and came to me with a lot of things missing. It never had a glovebox, I had to buy one for it on eBay. I can definitely take better pictures, but if its the frame I definitely would have to replace it before I put the new glovebox in.

·
Registered
18,570 Posts
Visiting a junkyard, finding a similar year new beetle, can be helpful for missing parts and take pictures, as you remove the parts you need, that way you can refer to them later.

Until, you have all the parts you need; it can be hard to figure things out, looking at another car, can really help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts