NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: How do i find out which glow plug is which? I had my TDI scanned and they said it was the # 1 cylinder glow plug that needed replacing. And what kind of glow plug is it? or can i just replace it with any bosch glow plug? :confused:

·
Send Money
1,135 Posts
greenflyer said:
:confused: How do i find out which glow plug is which? I had my TDI scanned and they said it was the # 1 cylinder glow plug that needed replacing. And what kind of glow plug is it? or can i just replace it with any bosch glow plug? :confused:
Bosch is fine... you need to test the resistance of all 4 plugs to find the bad one. Set your amp-meter (assunimg youhave one) on it's lowest setting and check each plug. They should all be within .5 of each other.

·
Send Money
1,135 Posts
The Cheat said:
www.tdiparts.com sells glowplugs CHEAP. Excellent seller, I get my oil from him. :)
I can second that.. I got 4 glowplugs last year for $80, less than half the price the dealer wanted, and they were the same brand as what the factory installed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
There going for $90 for a set of four right now, with free shipping. Only problem is that they are out of town and won't ship until Tuesday. I guess it will give me something to do next weekend.

·
180 Degrees out of faze
841 Posts
If you are in a hurry, NAPA auto parts stores sell the Champion brand of glow plug for about $12 each.
Number 1 glow plug is the one on the left side of the head.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts