VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all the trash talking, and HATING going on on a different forum, Im going to get my beetle dyno'd next weds. Appt is at 6pm in the cities.
Being as I totally tore my right achilles tendon, (just had surgery a week ago), Im pretty much unable to DRIVE the car there myself. soooooooo this weekend, I'm going to take
my son out 'driving' my car to see if he can drive the car and ME up to the dyno session. Im sure he can do it, but he's 2nd guessing his ability. He's very rarely driven a stick. I DID let him drive my bug on a car show cruise out to north Dakota, but that was ALL freeway driving, lol.
FYI. Trashed achilles working on my freaking HONDA GOLDWING...…………………...ouch.

For sure, good, bad, or indifferent, I'll post the results of dyno time.

Take care, be good.
Steve

·
Registered
15,063 Posts
It will be interesting to hear the results; you might go over, what your current mod list is and we can understand, all the upgrades you have done so far. I hope you heal up soon! :)

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. VW whoretex. Got flamed/cussed at/it was ugly. My blood pressure was soooooooooo freaking high, I totally deleted my posts. AND the website. Absolute asshats over there.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And the results are.........327 hp....352 tq. AT THE WHEELS.
So that equates to 360-370 at the crank.

Am I happy/sad/satisfied? No, actually.
The car actually made more power NOT running the water/meth setup.
First pull was with meth. Last two were on 100 octane racing gas, no meth.

I want more power. Lol.

I took videos, sitting directly behind car.....well 10 feet back or so.

Couldnt believe how much Air /exhaust came out during pull.

Oh yeah. He wound her out to 7500. Thatd be 400 more rpm then its ever seen. I was kinda freakin. Lol.

When I figure out how to do it, Ill post videos, and, take pics of dyno sheet printout.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Never enuff. Gotta go bigger turbo. Lol

·
5/23/10 <3
11,299 Posts
What mods do you have?

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im sure the mods are listed on this site somewhere. It's gonna take ALOT of time to type them all out again, but Ill give a basic rundown.

Engine and turbo were completely replaced 30k ago. So, 30k on new engine.
CTS K04 turbo
CTS FMIC intercooler
CTS turbo blanket
APR downpipe, etc. 3" exhaust all the way to a splitter, then goes to 2.5" (aka no restriction, lol).
APR stage 2+ switchable tune, with no lift shift/launch control. (was dyno'd on the 100 octane tune).
All the various inlet and outlet piping. (aka HUGE).
NGK spark plugs, gapped @ 22 thou.
ECS cold air intake (see pics).
ECS deep oil pan. (capacity now 6.5 quarts).
Fluidampr crank pulley. (had/run them on all my race vehicles).
Those are the basics.

Basically EVERYTHNG';s been tweaked/modded/upgraded on car, from brakes to suspension, to interior/exterior. Actually running out of things to do.

OH yeah,, to quell the haters...................THE FUEL SYSTEM IS ABSOLUTELY STOCK> Other then a new fuel filter, it's OEM. (got flamed like hell on another forum saying I couldn't make THIS power with OEM fueling.......................................:>*

I was lucky at the dyno session last nite. The last week has been HOT and HUMID. Temps in 90s. and 70% humidity. (aka ugly).
Last nite was a blessing. 78 degrees, and 62% humidity. (at least that's what it said while we were there. Either way, it was a GREAT nite to dyno.
Cant say enough good things about the place we had it done at. Guys were fantastic. PLus we got to check out/talk about all the REALLY high HP cars they were buildling/had built/WERE there for us to drool over.
Very cool.

This is the first time I'd ever dyno'd a car ON/in car. I've always been a drag racer, and had my engines dyno'd at my engine builder, (last 2 years of my racing career, I had HIM build it for me, lol).
Anyway, like I said, this was my first time on a actual drive on dyno. Very cool. I'll do it again.
If you have any 'exact' questions you need answered, feel free. Ain't nuthin top secret on my setup.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts