NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering where are people buying their parts/fluids from in Canada? I live in Vancouver area. Of course the big box CanadianTire/Walmart don't carry stuff for VW (e.g. no Pentosin fluids). So far I've know of the following:

- Lordco
- Napa (seems to have only limited selection)
- Autopartsway.ca (canadian online store, free shipping over $75)
- ECSTuning.com (US store but will ship to Canada but costs quite a bit).
- VW Dealership (but no way I'm going to buy from them as I've had some bad experiences and I'm not giving them anymore of my money).

Any other places I might have missed? Thanks everyone.

PS: Yes I know I could just order from an online US store and ship to a packaging place at the border and pick it up. I'm just wondering which places are available in Canada.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, but here comes a super noob question (sorry but I'm kinda new to the car maintenance scene). What do you mean by "local parts place" exactly?

Is there a store called "Parts Place"? (I google could only find a "PartsSource" but unfortunately none here in B.C.).

Or do you mean a local mechanic shop? Or do you mean something else?

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Thanks for the reply, but here comes a super noob question (sorry but I'm kinda new to the car maintenance scene). What do you mean by "local parts place" exactly?

Is there a store called "Parts Place"? (I google could only find a "PartsSource" but unfortunately none here in B.C.).

Or do you mean a local mechanic shop? Or do you mean something else?
I would assume he means a store local to you, that sells parts.

·
Wife's 01 1.8T mechanic
629 Posts
Not Parts Source. That is just Canadian Tire, but auto parts only.

I mean a local auto parts supplier that deals with garages, and walk in clients. Ask nice, and you will be rewarded with "trade" price. That means you buy for the discounted rates that garages get. My local place that I deal with is CAPS (Canadian Auto Parts Suppliers). Every city and town has something similar. You just need to find yours. Open your Yellow Pages, and look for "Auto Parts".

·
New Beetle Accessories
1,226 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts