NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was on my way to a friend's work to pick up some stuff for my beetle. Went to turn left, I looked twice and there was nothing. I proceeded to turn and bam...a Toyota Camry comes speeding down the street way above the speed limit, hits me, and doesn't show any sign on braking...So this is totaled. And I'm out a lot of money and time. But there are plenty more cars. There are not so many lives. My plan? Knowing that I can do anything, I will be getting another VW. I'm not sure what. But I love German Engineering and am so thankful for airbags and a seat belt. God is good. We are both okay, there were no injuries. I have a few bruised ribs, and bad whiplash. That won't stop me from picking all the good stuff off my car tonight though :D

Thank you beetle folks, be careful out there. See you guys around.

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
That's awful! So sorry to see an "accident" caused by someone in a hurry. I hope their insurance gives you a fair amount. Glad no one was seriously hurt.

·
Go Blue!
293 Posts
Thank goodness you are mostly ok, how sad to see you loose your Bug, she kept you safe :crying:

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
Oh no! :(

But your car sacrificed its life for yours. Any other car, and we might not have gotten this thread........

Many of our New Beetle friends have had that happen, in one way or another, and went straight back to a New Beetle.

Hope you feel better. *hugs*

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
Wow! Thank the Lord you're gonna be alright. So sorry about your baby. Like Debbie said, your bug gave it's life so you may carry on...there ain't no more Gabbs coming off the assembly line.

Hopefully you can find another beetle. Whatever the case, you're family. Please stick around. Whatever we can do to assist in finding you another bug, we'll do our part. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts