NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I discovered the paint bubbling at the juncture of the roof/ rain gutter...I need to get this attended to ASAP. I thought I'd sand/prime and paint with touch-up & perhaps rust converter to seal it up until next spring when I could take it into a body shop and have it and a few other pieces (like my front bumper area which is losing its clearcoat)taken care of

Has anyone else experienced this rust at the roof joint? Perhaps I shouldn't wait out the winter as things could get worse if I don;t touch it up well enough..
Comments?:(
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,364 Posts
This should be under the corrosion warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got Rust??

I had the same problem. They had to replace the entire roof and rain gutter to remove all rust. I saw the bill... it was $4000.00 from the body shop. It was covered under the 12 yr warranty. It is only covered if you have the original paint on the vehicle. They will check this with a depth guage. Good Luck. BTW, I also had my driver door replaced for rust. Nice warranty..... I just wish I did not need it!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rust

I have noticed rust 'dots' under the clearcoat on the doors, roof, etc. I pointed it out to the dealer during my last oil change, he said it was nothing. How do you get your dealer to take these things seriously? Do you have to wait for a perforation?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
See the dealer. Mine worked out really well...but took a couple weeks. I even got a free new windshield out of it since they ended up accidentaly breaking the original when removing the rain gutters. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts