NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Momentai!!!
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got to see a 2012! And I really like it! I was very surprised. To bad it's 9 and the dealer was closed :( I figured after I had my GTI, turbo is the only way to go but honestly I liked the 2.5 looks... Better...MAYBE, I haven't decided yet. Lol. But I like the 2.5 old style wheels. And the one I looked at was unlocked ;) so of course I had to open and toy around. Leather seats were very nice. It had the Fender system and HOLY HELL! I was legit surprised! The trunk did have more room but honestly the back seats still didn't impress me. My GTI still has far more back room. But none the less it was awesome. I hope they get the sunroof worked out. I'm still holding out for it. I have a few pictures. I'll update and let you all know what I think when I drive! I'll drive both to compare my GTI to the turbo and see what the 2.5 is like. I've several reviews say the Beetle 2.0T isn't as fun and such as the GTI's but are still a blast! Till next time!!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I really like the wheels on the 2.5. I've driven the new Turbo, but want to drive the 2.5, as that is what I want.
Nobody's getting my $ or my '09 until there is a sunroof. Hoping it's soon.

·
Momentai!!!
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really like the wheels on the 2.5. I've driven the new Turbo, but want to drive the 2.5, as that is what I want.
Nobody's getting my $ or my '09 until there is a sunroof. Hoping it's soon.
I'm totally with you about the sunroof thing. That was one of the biggest buying points for me. I love having a sunroof.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
The white launch addition was like $27,500 and the 2.5 was $25k it was loaded to!

Thanks Steve. It's amazing how much the prices vary from dealer to dealer. Our local dealer has the white launch model priced at $36,850.

·
Momentai!!!
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Steve. It's amazing how much the prices vary from dealer to dealer. Our local dealer has the white launch model priced at $36,850.
WHAT?! o_O? Wow thats amazing. I'm upset that the launch additions don't have any bells and whistles like the 2.5 dose. That silver one was epic! The seats, that amazing radio and the beautiful wheels. I like the turbo wheels to, but I love the old style "moonies!"

I'm gonna put this out here, and I guess I won't find out till I get to really look at and drive one, but I honestly dont think the back seating has improved. I looked at 3 different ones and they were all like that. I'm just guessing people are putting their seats WAY back when they test them? But it dose look to have more head room. I suppose I'll find out soon!

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
The "sticker" price (MSRP) and the selling price are NOT the same thing. The sticker has to be displayed on the car, that's the law, so you can't go by that. Right now there is a premium upcharge, plus Dealer "prep" charges.

M.

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,846 Posts
:jawdrop:YIKES!!! Sounds like some of the outrageous prices from back in the day of the new beetle's premier- some actually paid those crazy prices:eek:

·
Momentai!!!
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The "sticker" price (MSRP) and the selling price are NOT the same thing. The sticker has to be displayed on the car, that's the law, so you can't go by that. Right now there is a premium upcharge, plus Dealer "prep" charges.

M.
Yeah, I know. Those were the right prices. Not exact, because I can't remember. Lol. It showed the MRSP and then the box at the very end has the dealers hand written final purchase price.

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
WHAT?! o_O? Wow thats amazing. I'm upset that the launch additions don't have any bells and whistles like the 2.5 dose. That silver one was epic! The seats, that amazing radio and the beautiful wheels. I like the turbo wheels to, but I love the old style "moonies!"

I'm gonna put this out here, and I guess I won't find out till I get to really look at and drive one, but I honestly dont think the back seating has improved. I looked at 3 different ones and they were all like that. I'm just guessing people are putting their seats WAY back when they test them? But it dose look to have more head room. I suppose I'll find out soon!

When I went and saw the 2 at the dealer by my work, they had the exact same 2. I bumped my head on the roof :banghead: getting into the driver's seat. Probably because I'm so used to the bubble roof of my 98. :rolleyes: I set the driver's seat for me and climbed in the back seat. I don't like that the seat doesn't pop up. :thdown: I like that in my 98. :thup: I agree with you Steven, the back seat is not any bigger nor has more head room. I am definitely not a tall guy and my head just fit in the cutouts of the hatch. Didn't seem like I was sitting in a new model at all. :( Still love the interior and look of it though. Those tail lights are growing on me for sure! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts