NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay boys and girls, as you know, I am actively campaigning to locate a RED, aka Maroon, Garnet Red, Bordeaux Red, Convertible Top Boot/Parade Boot/Cover for the newest edition to my stable.

Lacking the luck of finding one, as yet, I have a real deal here for you.

I just bought a GRAY one (there is only one gray and it fits all years NBC), perportedly in excellent, "new" condition. I have not seen it yet. Again, I just bought it... Cheap.

I only bought this to use as a donor, for the liner, the mounting hardware, and for the purpose of having a pattern to have a RED one made at a trim shop. Here's the deal, if you have a gray, or any color where a gray one would work for you, that is worn, faded, or cracked, I am willing to trade the one, as long as your liner and mounting hardware is in excellent shape, for yours. All you have to do is pay the shipping both ways, I would guess about $15 from and to anywhere in the Continental US via FedEx or UPS Ground shipping.

This is Genuine VW OEM part. It is "Leatherette", a synthetic made made vinyl like product to simulate leather. This is the material they are all made out of. They are not, nor were they ever made out of real leather. If you think yours is leather, smell it. It it doesn't smell like leather, "It Ain't"!

Anyway, you are welcome to leave a message here, or p/m me. I will not consumate any kind of a deal until I have received the item and veryify the condition. If it's bad, I'll just keep it, and use it for my own purposes. But, I don't think so...

MORAV

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Gray Boot Received, Perfect Condition

I received the boot today, and inspected it. It is what I believe is what everyone refers to as "flannel" gray. It is in perfect, as new condition. I absolutely guarantee it. If anyone has any doubts about my integrity, check my "feedback" on eBay. My eBay user i.d. is rsh!hou

C'mon somebody, I will trade this for a excellent conditon "black" (I'll even share the shipping to do that), or trade it for a damaged of any color, if you pay the shipping both ways.

I absoluetly hate to have a trim shop destroy a new one to obtain a pattern and the plastic corner re-inforcing and mounting hardware, but that's what I'm going to do if I don't have any takers!

MORAV

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No takers?

Nobody needing a perfect gray boot to replace a worn or damaged one?

·
Boogety Boogety
413 Posts
What a fine offer. I'm thinking, though, if it ain't happened in a month, it ain't going to happen. Why don'cha post your offer on eBay or CL? I'm surprised someone hasn't hopped on this by now... I probably would have, but my black one is pristine and grey wouldn't work for me... :D

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What a fine offer. I'm thinking, though, if it ain't happened in a month, it ain't going to happen. Why don'cha post your offer on eBay or CL? I'm surprised someone hasn't hopped on this by now... I probably would have, but my black one is pristine and grey wouldn't work for me... :D
Not worth my effort, time, or expense! I was just doing this for fellow Orgers. I'll just keep bumping it up until I get around to having my red one made. Still hoping to come across one of them! Or maybe a rough or damaged one cheap somewhere so I don't have to destroy this one! But I will! Only goy abt $80 in it!

I just shipped a white one I sold, to Jersey from Houston $10.84. So it's gonna cost someone less that $25

MORAV

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vertible Weather Ahead!

Now that the weather is looking warmer next week, and the mind wanders to "dropping the top", doesn't someone want to trade for a perfect flannel gray convertible boot? I don't care what color yours is. Maybe time to try Gray.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts