NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here done a vegetable oil fuel system conversion on his/her Beetle? I just purchased a kit from GreaseCar.com for my '99 TDI, and it arrived today. If anyone has any experience with this sort of conversion, I'd be interested in hearing it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just got mine done by Daryl, across the way from Greasecar in Easthampton, Mass. So far, so good! I'm on a road trip right now, drove down to DC from the Boston area, took about 10 gals of veg oil to do it! I also filled up the diesel tank, so now my trip odometer reads nearly 500 miles and the needle is still pegged full! :p

-Chuck

·
Lurker Status Assumed.
858 Posts
hold up - does this kit allow your car to run solely on veggie oil? i've heard of biodiesel, of course, but not this...

and how much does a gallon of vegetable oil go for anyways?

·
Just Bugged
61 Posts
I have had a Greasecar system in a MB It works well, I had problems with the tank leaking and the fuel cap leaking so be aware of that, there could be a mess.:eek:

I am in the Research & Development of a system just for the TDI's and should be ready by early summer. :)

Yes they work well running on WVO, Hardest thing is to collect and dewater and filter your oil. Be sure to get your oil clean!!:cool:

My history: running on WVO for 14000 mile in a MB and now running in a F350 PSD for 7000 miles. Over a period of 2 years. It works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts