NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new member, excited to be working on a project to restore my late brother's 2001 GLS Sport. Thanks already for threads that have helped me properly begin the "demolition" phase. And thanks in advance for any and all future help.

David

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Welcome. You certainly found the right place. Every search I did when I got my Iggy brought the right answer from here. I figured I should join since they seem to have all the answers. Very friendly group of people here that are always willing to help. Good luck with your project and for goodness sake start a picture thread so we can see the progress.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
14,783 Posts
Awww, thanks for restoring your brothers New Beetle. Was he an Org member? :eek:

Yes, please start a picture thread in the Photo forum. We love before, during and after pics. :)

Welcome to the Org, :wave2: and thanks for joining us.

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
Hey there!
WELCOME aboard the ORG it's great to have you here! Pix,pix,pix....we love PIX:D

There is a TON of new beetle info to be found here on the org .

I'm (originally) from Chicago! :D

Glad you found US.

Welcome!:clap:

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
A big welcome to the org family. big props to you for restoring your late brother's beetle. Sorry for your loss BTW. I'm sure you will do your brother proud.

you are about 45 minutes away from one of our hardcore orgers, Joel, screen name, Opelmania. Joel's beetle is a true reclamation success story. I am sure he would love to meet you. I've met Joel myself, and have become great friends... love him like a brother- He's good people. I'm sure if you take a look at his beetle, Gayle, you'll get a lot of good inspirational mojo.

the Chicago beetle contingency is starting to see a surge in Org membership. I hope you guys can rally around each other and get a nice group going.

thanks for putting up the pics. I will check them out and see this restoration project develop.

welcome to the org family.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5 Posts

Hello All:
I've just registered and am in the process of rebuilding my wife's 2002 VW.
I was blown off a snow covered road by a violent gust of wind, which for all intents and purposes wrote off the car. My wife maintains the car well, I couldn't replace it with something in as good condition. So I decided to rebuild her car. I purchased a parts car and have my wife's car almost reassembled. I need to sell off what remains of the parts car. It was a 2001 Turbo VW. The person who owned it was a car guy as well and he was making a Hot Rod out of it. He installed a 1995 Passat VR6 engine and 5 speed. I have that engine/Transmission combination still and some other bits and pieces for sale.
At this point, I guess, the question is, would anyone like to buy some of these part?
Regards,
Bill

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all for the warm welcome. I've finished the demo phase, now catching my breath and thinking about the rebuild. It's a little overwhelming to contemplate. I think I need a few days to gather courage!

Not to mention, I don't know where I'm going to find some of this stuff! :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts