NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to the org, glad to find like-minded-vehicled-people :p I'm 18, I live in Johannesburg, South Africa, and now have my first car, my NB :D I am freshly out of school but am taking a gap year between school and university... (not my choice btw, bad circumstances)

Please check out my BlueBeet here >> Plava Laguna(It means the blue lagoon :bowdown: Though I shall also attach a couple of my favourite pics here :)

I'm keen on getting a sticker from the org shipped to SA for my bug.. Who can I speak to about that? I was also keen on the number plate holders, but it appears the only ones available are American sized... :blahblah:

You could say I'm just slightly obsessed with my car. (more like majorly obsessed but I see you guys are the same, so I'm safe :banana: )

Let me know you're thoughts or comments :) I'm keen to put in some mods because she's almost completely stock.. (still after 3 previous owners.. 3!)

Regards,

Chris.

Attachments

·
Foreign Exchange Orger
7,461 Posts
Hi there :wave3:

Welcome to this wonderful place!
You will like it here.
Ask questions in the designated parts of this forum and you will learn alot.
I believe you are the first and therefore only person from SA, so that makes you special :D
Also, your bug looks great, even if it had already 3 previous owners :goodjob:

Enjoy this place and it's nice to find someone here who is in the same timezone as I am :lol:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hey guys :wave3:

I was hoping I wouldn't be the only owner from my region, but I guess you take what you can get. :)

Antoine.. Thank you :) I also thought the Euro blue emblems were awesome, except I'm having the same problem on the hood and the boot, the lamenate seems to be pulling away, and when my car gets wet the blue paint inside the emblem tends to seep out :/ I've tried to get replacements but the only ones I can get so far are through the VW SA and they seem way too expensive.. Any ideas how I can fix it myself?

Mazzzja.. thank you :D we can be the only foreign exchange orgers. lol..

I'm guessing that over here we have the European version of the NB right?

Have a great Friday :)

·
Foreign Exchange Orger
7,461 Posts
Well, there are more foreigners around here, from all sorts of countries. Which is pretty cool if you ask me.
The story behind "Foreign Exchange Orger" is that I have met quite a number of US orgers :)
There's no European section on here. Just a french and spanish section.
Most of the European countries have their own NB club/forums.

·
That Crazy Belgian Guy
2,816 Posts
Welcome to the org Chris!
Please surprise us with lots of pictures of your beautiful bug and even more beautyful country.

South-Africa is sooooooo on my want-to-visit-list :cool:

·
Ziggy's Mom
436 Posts
I'm keen on getting a sticker from the org shipped to SA for my bug.. Who can I speak to about that?
Search for "The New Ringo" His name is Marc. He makes them all himself. I think he charges $5 US, but it might be more than that due to postage. :) Hope that helps!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Search for "The New Ringo" His name is Marc. He makes them all himself. I think he charges $5 US, but it might be more than that due to postage. :) Hope that helps!
Thanks! I'll definitely look him up.. I'd be the only bug here with one... haha You know you really don't see all that many bugs over here..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Evening all!

So I figured that since this is my thread, and not my Beetle's (she has her own :screwy:) I thought maybe I should make an appearance of my own perhaps? so I've attached a couple pics of myself.. Sadly, none with myself and my beetle.. yet! They even include some from last year when I was at school.. in uniform and everything! haha As well as from my Matric (final school year) dance. (Not to mention the short hair o_O)

And btw Tommy :p Where I live in SA it's like every other normal city.. it's not as though we went to school under a tree or run with the lions :p haha I hope that's not what you thought. :D Can't tell you how many foreigners think, that I dunno, antelope roam the streets with us or something.. Ignorance is bliss? I believe it so.. :rant: lol.. ;)

Regards,

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts

hey there, my dog is from south africa, a boerboel. he's too big to fit in my beetle lol.

love your car!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

hey there, my dog is from south africa, a boerboel. he's too big to fit in my beetle lol.

love your car!
Hey :) did you have him shipped over as a puppy or ? Boerboels actually really common here.. A traditional Afrikaans farm dog I guess you could say :) haha I stick to my Great Danes thanx :p

Btw, is the beetle in your avatar cyber or ghecko green? Either way I dig it!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL.. no problem.. My family line is actually English and Irish.. So there is NO Afrikaans in me..but we had to learn it at school (a dying language no less) uhm.. I assume you're looking for the Afrikaans word which is.. I think it's 'stok-' something.. haha I have no idea.. and I checked in my Eng/Afr dictionary and the word is also missing o_O sorry bout that.. lol

·
That Crazy Belgian Guy
2,816 Posts
Chris can you do me a favour?
What's the South African word for lollipop again? :)
I know there's a big Dutch influence in the South African language and to Dutch people that word sounds hilarious.
I don't want to make you feel bad though, you're an interesting person :D
We call it a lekstok in Belgium, so that's most likely the word you were looking for mazzzja :D

Btw, Bluebeet, I really wasnt thinking that lions and giraffes were wondering along side the road. Even that sounds soooo cool. Though SA is on my wishlist.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We call it a lekstok in Belgium, so that's most likely the word you were looking for mazzzja :D

Btw, Bluebeet, I really wasnt thinking that lions and giraffes were wondering along side the road. Even that sounds soooo cool. Though SA is on my wishlist.
Haha :D Good to know.. Sometimes I speak to people on the other side of the world and think to myself: Really? People actually think like that??

JJ-Line and Tommy I think you're close.. Dutch and Afrikaans are not that far off from each other.

And thank you JJ-Line :)

·
That Crazy Belgian Guy
2,816 Posts
Haha :D Good to know.. Sometimes I speak to people on the other side of the world and think to myself: Really? People actually think like that??

JJ-Line and Tommy I think you're close.. Dutch and Afrikaans are not that far off from each other.

And thank you JJ-Line :)
People read Africa, and they see the lions, wildebeasts and hyenas walking on the pavement :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts