NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member, long time viewer :) My quest began in March 2013 for "My Bug" , I had a 1968 super beetle when I was a youngin' in High School ( circa 1987... long time ago... in a galaxy far far away ) I loved "Elvis" we strolled the beach , got me to work, cruised the "Main Street" ( Hyannis Main Street for you cape coddahs) fast forward 25 years , divorced, my boys have grown , and I don't need a minivan anymore! (Yaaaayyyya) I spent 2 weeks online hording the available VW Bug market, took 2 days off and drove all around MA to find "My Bug"... my journey finalized in Tewksbury MA , with the proud owner of "My Bug" :) BTW... Huge Red Sox fan... so my baby reflects that... :)

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a 2003, I just had the timing belt, waterpump done :) I love it's interior, defiantly what caught my eye. Very curious, my radio says "CD" but when i push the button it says "No Changer" where would changer go? I had thought it would connect in the trunk , but see no spot for it.

Attachments

·
Mom, Wife, Lover of VW's
186 Posts
It's a 2003, I just had the timing belt, waterpump done :) I love it's interior, defiantly what caught my eye. Very curious, my radio says "CD" but when i push the button it says "No Changer" where would changer go? I had thought it would connect in the trunk , but see no spot for it.
Definitely a beautiful color, I had planned to buy a blue NB when I was shopping for one but ended up falling in love with a salsa red 2008 NB. The changer would normal be on the drivers side in the trunk, but I believe in 2003 VW put them in the center console for the NB.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Beetleman
430 Posts
GO RED SOX!!!
I'm also a diehard sox fan. Grew up in Littleton but have been living in the sunny south for 25 years now.
Nice Color Concept you got there!!
The CD changer would be mounted in the rear trunk area on the left hand side of your NB. There is already a wire plug back there for it. So, search around on Ebay or Craigslist and I'm sure you'll be able to find the 6 disc changer for cheap money somewhere.
Good luck with your new ride!!

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
What a beautiful beetle you have!

congratulations on for pursuing your dream and getting the car you desired. all your hard work has paid off....wow what a beauty.

welcome to the org family. very glad to have you here. we have quite a few orders in the New England area. I hope you all can get a local beetle group going and start planning some get togethers. Fellow orger BB "Classic Cove" & His wife BA made the trip to Bryson City NC this past may for the 5th annual Tail of the Dragon GTG. we are a traveling bunch of beetle crazed people. I hope you will have the opportunity to join in on the fun.

Many happy miles with your beetle. does your car have a name? Fenway maybe??? No matter, the proper name will come to you

·
Super Moderator
14,783 Posts
You don't have any ordinary New Beetle there :eek: ....you have a Blue Lagoon Color Concept! No ordinary New Beetle has those awesome two-tone color matched sport seats! :party:

In the center console, pull out the liner, and you will see the CD changer connection. It takes a fitted, special one.

Welcome to the Org, :wave2: and Welcome to the New Beetle! :clap:

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Welcome. That's a beautiful blue lagoon CC you've got there. I almost got one when I was shopping for a new beetle; but I ended up getting the cyber green that I wanted most. The blue CC and red Turbo S that I looked at seriously will always be the ones that got away. :(

Don't be a stranger. Come around often and post more pics :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
Welcome!!! :wave:
GREAT looking new beetle! Add the year and model to your profile when you get a chance.

Great to have you here at the ORG

:dance2:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome, good to see other NB lovers from Massachusetts.

GO RED SOX!!!
I'm also a diehard sox fan. Grew up in Littleton but have been living in the sunny south for 25 years now.
Nice Color Concept you got there!!
GOOOOOOO Red Sox, kinda sad for the Bruins last night :(

Fellow orger BB "Classic Cove" & His wife BA made the trip to Bryson City NC this past may for the 5th annual Tail of the Dragon GTG. we are a traveling bunch of beetle crazed people. I hope you will have the opportunity to join in on the fun.

Many happy miles with your beetle. does your car have a name? Fenway maybe??? No matter, the proper name will come to you
I was seriously thinking Fenway, but I have 2 parrots... Fenway and Sox lol , Yawkey came to mind... LOL

You don't have any ordinary New Beetle there :eek: ....you have a Blue Lagoon Color Concept! No ordinary New Beetle has those awesome two-tone color matched sport seats! :party:

In the center console, pull out the liner, and you will see the CD changer connection. It takes a fitted, special one.

Welcome to the Org, :wave2: and Welcome to the New Beetle! :clap:
Yup yup there is the connection for it :) Thank You :) I didn't realize the specialness of it's unique features, until I googled "Blue Lagoon Color Concept" :eek:

Welcome. That's a beautiful blue lagoon CC you've got there. I almost got one when I was shopping for a new beetle; but I ended up getting the cyber green that I wanted most. The blue CC and red Turbo S that I looked at seriously will always be the ones that got away. :(

Don't be a stranger. Come around often and post more pics :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I so totally wanted a Green one Iggy is BEAUTIFUL !!!... it would of been the "Green Monstah" !! I won't be a stranger, looking forward to the wealth of information on here :)

Thanks EVERYONE for such a warm welcome,
Lynda

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
YES,you are doing GREAT sir noob :D
Hey did you notice our other new member POLYKARDIA? She's sporting her 03 COLOR CONCEPT TOO!!

Way to go COLOR CONCEPT NEW BEETLES on the ORG!

WELCOME
:thup:

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
i didn't see POLYKARDIA, how do i find posts?
To find POLYKARDIA's four pix of here Cyber green color concept just click on the NEW MEMBER FORUM THREAD then about mid screen you will see a ':D' big green toothy smile and a subject line that reads:

:D Hi from the North Denver suburbs
Polykardia

Click on THAT THREAD ,scroll down until you see her four pix.

;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts