NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Your mileage may vary
7,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most annoying for me is, "How's it hanging?"

My responses? "Um, how's what hanging?" "Well, it's been swaying, so I'm seeing my doctor." "Hanging like you wouldn't believe!" "Pretty good, but it itches something fierce!"

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
PhoenixRising said:
'Hey Guys!' , when it's not just guys. That has bugged me since I was a lad.
I say that all the time! To me its just a general greeting. I either say that or I say 'Hey people!' lol

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
I wish i was of the darker ethnicity so i could just say "What's up my n.....". I love listening to hip-hopper types talk. I can just barely understand it and it's like deciphering code.

I'd say that all the time if i could.

One i hate? I really REALLY REALLY hate "Whaazzzzzup". It is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
FineExampl said:
I'd say that all the time if i could.
I would never say that, whether I could or couldn't. It bothers me that people do say that so casually. I don't care what race you are, I don't think it's appropriate at all, and would never wish for the ability to be able to say it and have it accepted.

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
pdoel said:
I would never say that, whether I could or couldn't. It bothers me that people do say that so casually. I don't care what race you are, I don't think it's appropriate at all, and would never wish for the ability to be able to say it and have it accepted.
Oh of course it's not appropriate, but that's sort of my point. I'm SO not a racist. I just love that the entire culture has reversed what it originally meant. It's said so much now that it's nearly a non-issue. The horrible has become the norm. I'm in awe of the strength of the entire poulation. Coming from the bottom of the barrel and now is arguably the strongest and probably one of the most productive in the world.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Here's the one I hate:

Hey Duuuuuude!

Ok I'm not a duuuuuude (in the cowboy sence) and we are about 200 miles from the nearest beach, so I know for a fact you are not a surfer. And eventhough we live in "A" valley, we are nowhere near "The" valley. So STFU!!!

And what's with theese white boys sayin': Sup Foo?
DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT A FOO IS? Or do you just say it to sound like Snoop Dog? Which in fact you aren't! I'm nobodys fool and you are NOT a "Straight up Gangsta from Compton" so STFU, pull up your pants, put your hat on straight and leave me alone!!!!

·
Retired Car Whore
7,047 Posts
I hate the phrase woot, w00t, or any variation of there of. When I first starting reading the old .org, there was an epidemic of everyone saying "woot" all the time and I was convinced that the board sponsored The Special Olympics or something. :rolleyes: Yes, I'm aware its not really a greating, but I've seen plenty of people use it as such.

·
I bleed Burnt Orange!
687 Posts
I usually say "Hey, how's it going".

What annoys me, is when I get people who feel the need to actually tell me "how's it going".

The most I respond will be, "at least it's Wednesday", or something like that, but not "well, I have a headache, and my feet hurt, and this morning ...".

·
18,312 Posts
dgoldbe2 said:
I usually say "Hey, how's it going".

What annoys me, is when I get people who feel the need to actually tell me "how's it going".

The most I respond will be, "at least it's Wednesday", or something like that, but not "well, I have a headache, and my feet hurt, and this morning ...".
Thats why I dont ask anyone "How are you?" or "how's it going?" or "whats up?" unless I really wanna know! ;)

·
18,312 Posts
Severecaraddict said:
I hate the phrase woot, w00t, or any variation of the word.
You know, Shannon, the next time I see you in chat I'm gonna w00t! you to death! :lol:
:p

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
CyberGreenBaby said:
Thats why I dont ask anyone "How are you?" or "how's it going?" or "whats up?" unless I really wanna know! ;)
agreed. i don't ask because i DON'T want someone to say something like "well, it's monday". what does that mean exactly? it's someone asking me "how's it going?" and i respond "well, my pants are black". erg!

and i have really been getting into woot! lately. sorry shannon. i just might woot! you to death next time i see you in chat, too.

woot woot woot woot. :D:):p

let's see, the one i hate most? hmmmm. i think i just don't like small talk. period. make it interesting or don't speak!

oh wait, this commercial just reminded me of one i hate: "you gellin'?" no one should say that. ever.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts