NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone:

Back with a few more questions about my "Buggie"

I've noticed with the rain we've been having lately that when I get in to drive, the rear end sort of has a "grinding" noise to it. It's mostly when I put it into reverse and start backing up but sometimes it does it when I'm in drive as well. It does go away, any ideas as to what this is...is it normal?

Also when I've been using my electric windows lately, sometimes my driver side window will start to go up and then it goes back down on it's own! Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks as always for the help.

Had a great summer driving around in my vert!! Love love love my bug!!!

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Right off, I would have to say that the noise is related to the rust "flashing" that occurs very quickly to the brake rotors when it is humid or raining, while the car is sitting. Next time before moving the vehicle, look at the rotors (the large polished discs) behind your wheels (if you have wheels you can see through). You should see a yellowish, rusty color, that you won't see when you first stop after driving a little while. If this is the cause, yes it can be normal. Does it occur more often after the car has sat for a longer period of time, or just when it is wet or raining, or was, while the car was parked. It won't happen in ten or thirty minutes, but possibly overnight. Visually looking for this rust and relating it to hearing or not hearing the noise will be the telltale sign that this is the problem.

Try a reset on your windows, refer to your Owners Manual and follow the directions to the letter. If that doesn't correct the problem, it is probably an issue with the pinch protection limiter where for some reason there is to much resistance in the window travel before it is closed completely, or you could have an issue in the door control module.

MORAV

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for the info. I will def get out there and check on the brakes and read up in my owners manual!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts