NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Smiling's my favorite
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone catch this documentary on Discovery Channel over the weekend? It won some awards last year at Sundance. It's about this guy who lived with grizzly bears up in Alaska for 13 summers, and ended up getting mauled to death (along with his girlfriend) by one of the bears. It was very interesting, although very sad and tragic.

·
Write it like it's hot!
2,556 Posts
Not Grizzly Adams.

This guy was young and IMHO--a bit whacked. I couldn't stand to listen to him talk it was all so OTT---

I know Steve "I lurve her" is also but this guy was in a kinda creeps me out way.

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
angelworks said:
Not Grizzly Adams.

This guy was young and IMHO--a bit whacked. I couldn't stand to listen to him talk it was all so OTT---

I know Steve "I lurve her" is also but this guy was in a kinda creeps me out way.
NO DAWN Grozzly Adams is WAY betterer! :moon:

·
Write it like it's hot!
2,556 Posts
JrsyGrl said:
angel, he was whacked! Definitely spent too much time alone with the bears.
Which is why I couldn't watch it straight through---I felt bad because like his sis seems like this is all so normal and such...

It was so sad that I couldn't even bring myself to snark on it------

Mr John on the other hand......:p

·
Write it like it's hot!
2,556 Posts
FineExampl said:
Has no idea what any of you are even talking about. :eek:fftopic:
Sorry. :eek:

No worries John or sorrys/sorries(?), needed.

Check the listings on the Discovery site I'm sure they'll run it again.

It's like being to close to a fatal accident of some sort.

·
Banned
3,877 Posts
He so reminded me of that dude on zoolander. hansel I think his name was. wow I just talked like yoda and did'nt even try hahaha.:)

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
I only caught part of it. That guy was wacko for sure , his girlfriend must have been too. I guess he died where he wanted to. I wonder if his death was filmed, or were they sleeping at the time of the attack? I guess I'll have to watch it all to see.

·
Smiling's my favorite
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Believe it or not, his death was actually recorded on audio. After they found the bodies, I guess they were going through his videotapes and they found one with 6 minutes of only audio and no video. It was the audio of the two of them being mauled. They are guessing that he heard the bear and turned on the camera and didn't get a chance to get the lenscap off. They didn't play the audio in the documentary, though.

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
He was an ass. Some other show on TLC or Discovery played part of the audio last year. Evidently he didn' take any precautions with his food supplies and the bear came right into his camp.

·
Smiling's my favorite
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, whether he was an ass or not, I don't really believe he deserved to get eaten alive by a bear.

And I believe he did take precautions with his food, he had been living with the bears for 13 summers, so he knew what he was doing as far as that. The bear didn't touch any of the food that was in the camp, it only killed and ate Timothy and his girlfriend.

·
pixel pusher
1,059 Posts
JrsyGrl said:
Well, whether he was an ass or not, I don't really believe he deserved to get eaten alive by a bear.
Well if your invading on their land you probably do deserve to get eaten, he was doing the bears a disservice but being around them and getting them used to human contact.

This guy was a complete nutjob anyway - and his girlfriend couldn't of been much of a bright spark either.

·
I love my family!
2,887 Posts
Have you ever eaten the same thing day in/day out for 13 summers? I'm guessing the bear was like "we're havin' steak tonite , Marge", and decided that dry crunchy bear food sucks, but crazy mountain man tastes like fillet!:D

·
Smiling's my favorite
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oyveychris said:
Have you ever eaten the same thing day in/day out for 13 summers? I'm guessing the bear was like "we're havin' steak tonite , Marge", and decided that dry crunchy bear food sucks, but crazy mountain man tastes like fillet!:D

LOL, that's so wrong, yet so funny.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts