NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all, just registered here. I spent a good many hours(?) pouring over the thread about waving, and I've been bound and determined to get the trend going here in my neck of the woods.

So far my record's been something like 0-5....

Anyway, even though I drive a Jetta, I thought I'd make these forums the first VW forums to register with ;)

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Welcome to New Beetle dot Org! :wave2:

We welcome anyone who loves New Beetles. So, no worries, this is not the 'vortex..... :rolleyes:

Keep waving, especially to drivers of NBs, and you will get your score up to 5/5. :D

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Big WAVE !!!

Howdy all, just registered here. I spent a good many hours(?) pouring over the thread about waving, and I've been bound and determined to get the trend going here in my neck of the woods.

So far my record's been something like 0-5....

Anyway, even though I drive a Jetta, I thought I'd make these forums the first VW forums to register with ;)
Welcome to the Org!

:wave: MORAV waving Hello! All VW aficionados welcome here!

Hate to burst your bubble, even though I wish you luck, but you'll probably end up 0 for what ever number your at when you give it up. Probably a few strange looks along the way. You'll definitely have better luck waving AT other Jettas.

Regardless, enjoy driving your Jetta, keep waving! :wave: And by all means, enjoy the Org!

Postscript- You might also enjoy it over on the Vortex. www.vwvortex.com

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whoa, many thanks!!! What a welcoming party :D lololol, part of the reason I made a bee line here instead of V-dub Vortex was because people here seem a tad friendlier (no offense to any 'vortex members who happen to sneak a peek at this post ;)).

Anyway, that's probably true, MORAV! I try to be steadfast about it but usually it's a swing and a miss. Lol, I actually got my fair share of a strange look yesterday, so it's funny you'd mention that

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I think you're right about the friendliness here v. the Vortex. But there is some good technical info over their.

M.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you're right about the friendliness here v. the Vortex. But there is some good technical info over their.

M.
That's definitely a good point, I remember many a time when I've Google searched a question about the VW and the 'vortex was one of the first results.

And thanks a million Matt!!! :D

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Whoa, many thanks!!! What a welcoming party :D lololol, part of the reason I made a bee line here instead of V-dub Vortex was because people here seem a tad friendlier (no offense to any 'vortex members who happen to sneak a peek at this post ;)).

Anyway, that's probably true, MORAV! I try to be steadfast about it but usually it's a swing and a miss. Lol, I actually got my fair share of a strange look yesterday, so it's funny you'd mention that

M.
Run over to "the Tex" and grab some tech.... make your home here on the org, for good company:bigthumb:

Welcome aboard- so glad to have you here. Yep, this place is a groovy little pad. We love beetles and the people who love em too:D

Waving at beetles is a labor of love for sure, and at times little or no returns. Still, for me, it's worth it. At least, i'm feeling the vibe when I do it, and that's not too bad. It's kinda like fishing. You keep casting your line out, hoping for a bite. Sometimes you'll get a fish (a wave), and sometimes you'll get nary a thing. Either way, it's good to get out and go fishing and enjoy the experience. So it is with waving.

Enjoy the experience buddy! and keep on posting.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Vert waves

In my waving experience in my 'vert, I've found that other 'verts tend to wave back more often than hardtops. One Sunday a few months back I drove Hwy 1 in CA up to Big Sur with the top down, and everyother 'vert with the top down waved back! Something about being able to stick your hand straight up! It was great! So keep waving, like MORAV said, you won't get any responses at all if you stop!

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
In my waving experience in my 'vert, I've found that other 'verts tend to wave back more often than hardtops. One Sunday a few months back I drove Hwy 1 in CA up to Big Sur with the top down, and everyother 'vert with the top down waved back! Something about being able to stick your hand straight up! It was great! So keep waving, like MORAV said, you won't get any responses at all if you stop!
That's not just a NBC to NBC thing, It's any Vert to any Vert, when both have the tops dropped. Not sure? Try it! :)

It's like with my Vette. Vette drivers ALWAYS acknowledge each other! A little more subtly, none of this :wave: and certainly none of this :clap:, but a simple raising of the hand off the door sill, when your arms resting there, or a raising of the fingers of the steering wheel without letting go, or a simple slight nod, unnoticeable to other drivers. It's a Vette thing.

M.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Back in the day, ex-hubby and I used to have MGB's...now that's a fellowship, any and all MG's, Triumph's, Austin Healy's, Sunbeam's, etc. would wave to each other. Waving to NB's is a flashback for me.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
I wave, or peace sign, every VW I see. Sometimes, I have to honk....:lol:

Today, I got a peace sign first! From an Aquarius Blue NBC. :clap: Made my day. :p

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lolololol, my goodness me!!! I had no idea this thread had gotten so popular just out of the woodwork :D

It's funny how there are so many dynamics to how drivers of similar cars say hello to each other, it's pretty uncanny. I read about the whole Jeep tradition of waving in the "Wow, I got a wave today" or whatever-it's-called thread ;)

But I had quite the surreal experience just yesterday morning on my commute!!!!! I start heading out a little after 8, so past the bulk of the traffic, and the streets are mostly pretty open when I'm out on them. So when I was heading down the road, in the farthest left lane (3-lane street) I looked in my rear-view mirror and spotted a green Beetle blasting up the road in the right lane, bearing down on me to pass me. So I was looking over, preparing to wave or heads-up or something, and this girl driving the Beetle obviously had music blaring out the wazoo because she was practically screaming the lyrics.

The cool thing was, she had her window down and was staring at my Jetta the whole time she passed me, singing along, like we were a dynamic singing duo or something, lol. There was my awesome VW comradeship of the day/week/year ;)

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Yeah, but it could of just been the drugs she was doing, too! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts