Shaved hood emblem
Philips Silvervisions bulbs for front and rear turn signals
Rear fog light
Clear front markers
Red/Clear Taillights
OEM bi-xenons w/ manual leveling and city lights
35% tint w/ 5% tint stipe at top of windshield
Colgan Sport hood bra (for long trips)
VW Turbo S full bra (also for long trips)

Interior:
Turbo S shift knob
Turbo S door pins
Turbo S parking brake handle
Turbo S front and rear two tone leather seats
R32 Steering wheel w/ 3 spoke GTI/Jetta VW air bag
Audi TT pedals
Turbo S dead pedal
Euroswitch (lights)
OEM headlight leveling switch for bi-xenons
Anti-dazzle rear view mirror
VDO boost gauge, VDO oil pressure, and VDO water temperature gauge
Bernt Dash 3 Gauge pod (painted to match dash)
VDO EGT gauge, VDO oil temp gauge
Polished Hood strut (VW OEM)
Polished hatch struts (VW OEM)
VW molded floor mats
VW molded cargo mat

Engine, Trans & Exhaust:
APR/BAR Tuning Stage 3 (which includes):
-Garrett GT28R turbo
-4 bar FPR
-APR Inconel exhaust manifold
-APR injectors
-APR fuel pump
-APR 3" MAF housing/intake hose/turbo inlet
-BAR Tuning conversion w/ APR programming (91/93/100/104 octane)
-APR 3" Downpipe
-BAR Tuning 3" Cat
-BAR Tuning upgraded vacuum/coolant/oil lines

polished intake manifold
Unorthodox Racing pullies (lightened and underdriven)
BugMod Intake ducting to stock airbox
BAR Tuning FMIC and intercooler piping
Dieselgeek short shifter
GReddy Full auto Turbo Timer not installed
GHL Motorsports 3" Cat back exhaust with dual tips through Turbo S rear valance

Suspension, Wheel & Tire:
KW Variant 2 Coilovers
Eibach front and rear sway bars
Neuspeed billet lower front tie bar
Neuspeed billet upper front strut brace
Stoptech 13" front brakes w/ 4 piston calipers (red)
RH Cuprads (5x130) 18"x8.5"F, 18"x10"R
Pirelli PZeros 225/40/18F, 255/35/18R

Attachments

·
CRAZ4VW
520 Posts
Noticed in the one shot that you're finally sporting the Bi-Xenons, didn't know you finished the install!!

EDIT: Doh, didn't see that you have it listed in your mods!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pelican18TQA4 said:
Noticed in the one shot that you're finally sporting the Bi-Xenons, didn't know you finished the install!!

EDIT: Doh, didn't see that you have it listed in your mods!
yep! the install was actually fairly straight forward thanks to PG Performance and the harnesses they made up for me. A lot of cutting and soldering but straight forward. lol

Attachments

·
beetle driver for life
1,151 Posts
If it is as fast as it looks then it is uncannily fast, because it looks so good it is scary. Uncanny-mysterious;arousing fear or dread. I can not wait for Yelojkt to reach the level of performance that you have too be achieving with your cloned Turbo S. Now go out there and spank a mustang GT.

·
Thomas
361 Posts
yelojkt said:
If it is as fast as it looks then it is uncannily fast, because it looks so good it is scary. Uncanny-mysterious;arousing fear or dread. I can not wait for Yelojkt to reach the level of performance that you have too be achieving with your cloned Turbo S. Now go out there and spank a mustang GT.
Hey, watch it! Some of us are Mustang owners too.:D My NB is my winter car/daily driver while my Mustang is slooooowly being taken apart and put back together. I love them both, but one more than the other.

gt2437 lovely ride you have there! I'm just as envious as Yelojkt to have my car modded up like yours. Keep up the good work!

·
NKAWTG-N
62 Posts
I am interested in installing city lights in my 01 NB. I know they are standard on Turbo S models. Did you have to buy new turbo model headlights. If not how did you connect the city lights.

Your car looks great, love the R model steering wheel also.

·
Sloooooooow Down!!!!
899 Posts
One mean looking machine-great pics

I am thing about ordering bug mod kit but i may now just order the hose kit. With my regular front end i may have a problem geting to grill area for air pic up. I think you go to grill area--right.

Do yo have any times in 0-60 or 1/4 or dyno testing that you could share with us-if not-what hp can one expect with stage 3 set up.

I am thinking about apr stage 3. How does your nb, with these engine mods, respond to every day driving.

·
Feel the Power!
302 Posts
What an amazing machine!!

:bigthumb:

Dude, did you ever shave your rear emblem? I'm not suggesting that you should... just asking.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yelojkt said:
it is quite fun. :D With the stock diff, traction is a huge issue in first and second gear (even third when the tires get too worn).

mentalVdub said:
nicely done new beetle.

your brakes are sickly hot!
Thx! They work quite well too I must admit ;)

IgottaBug! said:
Hey, watch it! Some of us are Mustang owners too.:D My NB is my winter car/daily driver while my Mustang is slooooowly being taken apart and put back together. I love them both, but one more than the other.

gt2437 lovely ride you have there! I'm just as envious as Yelojkt to have my car modded up like yours. Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the kind words! :)

Stinkbug said:
I am interested in installing city lights in my 01 NB. I know they are standard on Turbo S models. Did you have to buy new turbo model headlights. If not how did you connect the city lights.

Your car looks great, love the R model steering wheel also.
The lights are the OEM bi-xenon's offered on 2004-2005 New Beetles. I spliced the wiring off of the side markers (parking lights), so that the city lights come on as they are supposed to.

Thanks, the steering wheel really makes it even more fun to drive! :)

pdoel said:
Awesome car! Always been one of my favorites!!!
Thanks Pete! I have always liked your car as well. :)

Red Rider said:
One mean looking machine-great pics

I am thing about ordering bug mod kit but i may now just order the hose kit. With my regular front end i may have a problem geting to grill area for air pic up. I think you go to grill area--right.

Do yo have any times in 0-60 or 1/4 or dyno testing that you could share with us-if not-what hp can one expect with stage 3 set up.

I am thinking about apr stage 3. How does your nb, with these engine mods, respond to every day driving.
Thanks! The bug-mod hose works out well for what I was looking for. I have the end pointed towards the lower driver side grille (not using the bugmod shroud) and it eliminates what was left of the stock intake piping.

I have no 1/4 mile times yet, but am looking to take it to the track in the not too distant future. The car has dyno'ed at 290whp/289 wheel tq on race gas, and 245whp/259 wheel tq on 93 octane.

The STG3 is very drivable as the turbo spools up around 3800 RPM, where as with the stock turbo the boost/torque spike is right around 3000 RPM. It's very smooth and pulls hard to 7k RPM where the boost will hold 20+ PSI throughout the RPM range. Mine usually spikes around 23-24PSI and holds between 20-22PSI. It is quite a rush. :)

w00sh! said:
What an amazing machine!!

:bigthumb:

Dude, did you ever shave your rear emblem? I'm not suggesting that you should... just asking.
Thanks!! Have you gotten your STG3+? I have considered shaving the rear emblem, but I have stuck with the OEM silver/black emblem since new. It seemed to go well with all the polished bits, but it may still be shaved off though. We will see. :)

·
Feel the Power!
302 Posts
gt2437 said:
Have you gotten your STG3+?
APR is way behind on work so they had to re-schedule me for November 15. I can't wait!

:)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey Mike...Car's looking greater every day.. You're going 3+?? Let me know how that works out (do you have it in yet?).

I'm looking at electric precat exhaust cutout (should add +10 whp) and maybe an aftermarket intake mani. The rest this spring will be cosmetic changes and I'll put on my new 17 x 8" SSR GT7 Wheels (18.1LB each!)

Hey!.. noticed the pic of the BARTuning black box (next to the ECU)..don't think I have one of those..what is it?

Take care...!:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
globug01 said:
Hey Mike...Car's looking greater every day.. You're going 3+?? Let me know how that works out (do you have it in yet?).

I'm looking at electric precat exhaust cutout (should add +10 whp) and maybe an aftermarket intake mani. The rest this spring will be cosmetic changes and I'll put on my new 17 x 8" SSR GT7 Wheels (18.1LB each!)

Hey!.. noticed the pic of the BARTuning black box (next to the ECU)..don't think I have one of those..what is it?

Take care...!:)

hi Bob! Thanks for the kinda words! sorry for the late reply, I was out of town for a few weeks. I would like to go STG3+, but right now money is tight. Hopefully in the next year or so. The electric dump cutouts are pretty nice for some extra performance without the hassle or having to go under the car each time to change it. Please let me know how it works out for you!

As for intake manifolds that are mass produced the ABD and the Dahlback hold my interest. My buddy has the Dahlback on his TT and gained 7whp with it on 93. Somehow his car made 287whp on 93 that day! Depressing since that's almost my 104 numbers lol. I'm still waiting to see good results with the ABD, but there should be some. There is also always the custom intake manifolds out there too.

Light wheels will certainly be nice in all aspects. This winter when the roads are clear, I am looking to roll out on the 17" TT wheels (21 lbs each) to see if I can break 300whp on 104 for the hell of it. My 18" RH's are 25 lbs a piece.

The black BAR Tuning box next to the ECU contains some of the components for the APH engine code New Beetle to run the STG3 software. It's not really needed on your AWV, since there was software from APR for your ECU. Take care and let me know how things work out! Also were you able to adjust your HID's to level?

MATTSBUG said:
Hey! Really nice bug! How much trouble was it wiring up the Turbo S bumpers?? Because I'm kind of thinking of getting a set myself, but I don't want to hassle with a lot of wiring and such.

Realy nice car...keep up the nice mods!
Thanks Matt! The turbo s bumpers only require some minor rewiring. The front involves splitting the ground that went to the dual filament turn signal/parking light (wrap around) to the oval turbo s side marker and the round turbo s turn signal. There are three wires that go to those orignal lights. The constant (parking light) will be ran to the oval and the intermittent (turn signal) will go to the round. The final being the aforementioned ground wire that has to be split (shared).

The rear wiring only requires cutting the connectors off the license plate lights (on the car's rear harness) and wiring in the smaller oem connectors that fit the turbo s license plate lights. They use smaller bulbs.

Really not too bad at all. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts