NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Mom, Wife, Lover of VW's
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the weather is getting warmer how about a GTG?

If interested reply with where you are from and then we can pick a central location, how does that sound?

Let's pick a time and date.

I'm from Fitchburg, MA - 2008 NB S, Salsa Red

·
Mom, Wife, Lover of VW's
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
GTG- Masschusetts and around!

This is what I'm thinking for a GTG for those in MA and surrounding area's. I'd like to do this sometime in June.

Shelburne Falls Loop 132 Miles

Scenery
If you take Route 2W from the Boston area, and follow it past the Connecticut River, you will see signs for Route 2A Shelburne Falls. Once you get past Athol, MA, Route 2 is pretty. Shelburne Falls features the Bridge of Flowers (fantastic), and lots of shops. For a longer ramble back, allow for a few hours, and take a route that brings you along the Quabbin Reservoir. There's stops for vistas, forests, little hidden villages, and it's a great route for a hot day, as the Quabbin acts as a natural air conditioner.

Overall, you'll see lots of motorcycles on RT 202, as its a favorite ride. Not so many cars, though. There's lots of great stops to make, and some great ice cream stands in Petersham which is great. Central MA has some stunning old towns, and gorgeous farmland. Not much traffic makes for a relaxing ride. Bring your camera along!

Roadside Amenities
Shelburne Falls: the Bridge of Flowers, Shops, dining, and glacial potholes.
Deerfield: historic site, antiques, butterfly center.
Amherst: Shops, and dining
Quabbin Reservoir: Scenic wonderment
Petersham: antiques, ice cream, photo ops

1 - 2 of 2 Posts