NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Finch the BUG LVR!
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beetlebomb said:
Hi. I left them black since our NB is black. However, I probably should've had someone with your expertise and deft touch install them. :)
I'm sure yours look better than you say they do, everyone is always more of a critic of there own work. If it is really bad and you do want to separate them from the light, I would suggest using a heat gun or hair dryer to help unstick the 2 sided tape, otherwise the plastic eyelids might break. Just don't use too much heat or you could melt and deform the lense itself. Thanks again for the complement, hey if you didn't live so far away I'd help you put them on!

·
An Air-Cooled Fan, Too!
504 Posts
Thanks!

Thanks for the tips! You're probably right, they probably don't look as bad as I've made out. They're not as even as yours, but for most people just looking at the car, they probably wouldn't notice...By the way, don't you think these cars are just a BLAST to drive, even w/o the turbo?

·
Finch the BUG LVR!
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You bet! I guess yours isn't a turbo either being it's a gls like mine. I can't get over the handling of these cars. I went to my local VW Dealership, and got the RPO codes for my car. I think it stands for regular production options, anyways for mine it says that it has sport suspension. I don't know if it's because it's a gls, but I know mine sits lower than some other ones too.

·
Finch the BUG LVR!
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Beetlebomb said:
Thanks again, yellow99! I will go to my local VW dealership and see if they can give me those codes as I'd be most interested in what it shows for my '99 GLS...:)
You will probably have to go to the parts desk and ask them to bring them up. The dealer here in Waterloo had some trouble printing off the codes, so he needed to "print screen" several times, however he still go everything on in about ten pages. If he won't do this for you, you could try going in when they're not busy and write them down by hand. The codes are three digits long(nubers and letters) and then beside them it tells you what the code means. Good Luck getting them! They are really cool to have.

·
Finch the BUG LVR!
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nashman28 said:
I would like to have some of these lids too but I can't get these lids in Germany :(

Marc & Limoni
If you can't get them through a store, you should still be able to get them off the internet. Have you tried e-bay? There might be some on there, if not, or if you don't want to use e-bay let me know and I will find a way for you to get a set! The only thing is it will probably cost more for over seas shipping.

·
Above average
510 Posts
I tried sev. times to find the lids on ebay but no success.
I apprechiate your help here, maybe you could find some of these lids. I know that dealer will aks betwenn 30-40 USD for the set. Send me a pm if you could tell me how much do ask for s&h to Germany (regular mail woud be fine with me)and maybe we have a deal.

Happy Halloween :pumpkin:

Marc & Limoni

·
Finch the BUG LVR!
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nashman28 said:
I tried sev. times to find the lids on ebay but no success.
I apprechiate your help here, maybe you could find some of these lids. I know that dealer will aks betwenn 30-40 USD for the set. Send me a pm if you could tell me how much do ask for s&h to Germany (regular mail woud be fine with me)and maybe we have a deal.

Happy Halloween :pumpkin:

Marc & Limoni
Try this website: www.aiwana.com I believe they have them for sale for $40US, so if there shipping is expensive you could try the dealer if they can get them for you. let me know, unfortunately I don't know what shipping would cost.

·
Finch the BUG LVR!
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Try finding them on ebay, there should be some on there! Most people will ship worldwide too! (if you ask them too:rolleyes: ). Hope this helps!

·
Above average
510 Posts
Thanks for sugegstion - I'm still doing this for more than 3 weeks. But all what I found was the 'Kamei' eyelids version in carbon fiber or silver and this isn't my taste.
If somebody find a link on ebay for the GTS eyelids..pls send me a PM

Btw TVA hasn't react until today in spite of some reminder

1 - 20 of 21 Posts