NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I bought my new beetle three weeks ago, was too excited about the car to even realize that the right passenger side of the side guard in the inner side of the tire has ripped off.

(Looks like it ripped off because one of the screws came loose while driving and the tire must have ripped it off, either before or after my purchase.

I'm not a happy camper atm. Please help.

I don't know what to do, don't even know if that piece is needed or important.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Thanks,
Debb

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
Fender liner. You can easily pick one up used from a part-out I'm sure. its not super important though. I wouldn't pay a ton of money for one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, I think I am going to fix the fender liner just in case.But when looking under my car, there isn't anything covering the alternator belt. Is there a guard that is supposed to cover this, and if so what is it called?

Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update:

Took my car to the vw dealer today, it's gonna cost about $500+tax to get the fender liner, and sound dampeners replaced. Anyone know where I can find these? I'll probably have my husband install them for me if I can find them.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
I'd get them from a part-out myself. No reason for them to be new.

·
Ali's Dad
229 Posts
All are available on ebay. At the most it will be about 175.00 for the liner and the sound dampener (splash shield).

·
Registered
950 Posts
One thing I would suggest to buy new if you're in an area with regular winter snow fall requiring salting of the roads is to buy new screws and bolts for those liners. On my bug the bolts and screws on the bottom of the car are or were rusted quite bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts