NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found an Article on New Beetle Affective Disorder.

This is the "craziness" that one feels when one is passionately attached to the NB. It makes affected persons do odd things, like driving past mirrored buildings so they can see the image of their car, dressing in colors that match their NB, or devoting an unusual amount of time and money decorating the interior of their NB.

Who is guilty of this, because I know I am at least gulity of one.

Just though I would share it with you guys.

Ayo:)

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
I love going by big glassy buildings, i spend wayy too much time and money on my car, i have a Red Dagball shirt that matches my car and has the same dagball logo as the car. i can go on. but i'm one of the worst ones here, i think. altho i dont kiss my car goodnight. but my radio does say hello and good bye to me.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
teesix said:
I just found an Article on New Beetle Affective Disorder.

This is the "craziness" that one feels when one is passionately attached to the NB. It makes affected persons do odd things, like driving past mirrored buildings so they can see the image of their car, dressing in colors that match their NB, or devoting an unusual amount of time and money decorating the interior of their NB.

Who is guilty of this, because I know I am at least gulity of one.

Just though I would share it with you guys.

Ayo:)
I think we all are!
Would we be here if we werent? :lol:
All I do when Im not driving my NB is think about driving her. I could be in a really bad mood but as soon as I get in the car I'm smiling from ear to ear! I dont know how some people can garage their cars for the winter. I know they do it because they care about them but it would drive me crazy! I love my Beetle!! :hugkiss:

·
Debs here!
1,104 Posts
Where is this article? I wanna read it. I have the bug (NBAD).
Hehehe. I drive my family crazy with this. I buy things lime green and if any sales person asks if it will match something, I say it will match my car. Scarfs,gloves, pens, purses, clothing,you name it! Of course the minute I bought this car people also began giving my lime green things too. Like it was rubbing off on them! I am currently trying to figure out how to take my own picture while driving by a few chosen streetside picture windows. Right now I just feel sorry for anyone who doesnt have a bug.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
Dottydeb said:
I buy things lime green and if any sales person asks if it will match something, I say it will match my car. Scarfs,gloves, pens, purses, clothing,you name it! Of course the minute I bought this car people also began giving my lime green things too. Like it was rubbing off on them!
Me too Deb! :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Hi,

I have to say I love when I drive past the mirrored Buildings!

I haven't spent a lot of money on it yet, but I think this is going to be the year to start adding things to my NB.

I also when watching movies and shows go crazy when they have the NB in it (We got the smallville dvds for our daughter for christmas, so I started watching them, and sure enough there the NB is on that show!

:) Nice Thread,

John K.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nbad

http://www.newbug.org/faq/nb-faq-gen.html

Here is the link to the article, but it’s pretty much the same as what I posted, I have just copied it directly onto the thread. Well I must admit, I do kiss my car goodnight after a hard day at work. I am an absolute addict. My obsession was so bad that after I sold my 2001 bug in July, I was so depressed and full of regret that by Dec of the same year, I went straight to a VW showroom and picked up a NB 2004 Cab.

So when asked to carry out a case study at university, there was no dispute to what my subject matter was going to be. Oh well at least I am not alone!

·
I Luv CGB!!!
2,128 Posts
CyberGreenBaby said:
I think we all are!
Would be here if we werent? :lol:
All I do when Im not driving my NB is think about driving her. I could be in a really bad mood but as soon as I get in the car I'm smiling from ear to ear! I dont know how some people can garage their cars for the winter. I know they do it because they care about them but it would drive me crazy! I love my Beetle!! :hugkiss:
I'm one that garages mine for the winter & yes it is hard going without her. The other day when it was 50 degrees I got her out for a ride. Boy did it feel so good to drive her around. At least it got me out of the corner mumbling to myself "is winter over?"

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Yes, I too am suffering from NBAD. This is where I get my group therapy! :grouphug:

In my opinion, if you don't have NBAD, you shouldn't be driving a Bug! :runnethov

(btw, there's a nice, big mirrored window, that if I'm lucky, and make all the lights, I can see the spoiler go down. It's at the corner of the first actual stop sign, getting off the freeway........ :bigthumb: )

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
I also suffer from NBAD. I can't help seeing my self in my car with the flap up passing one of those shinny tanker trucks!

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
oh, i'm a sufferer allright. my friends and family laugh and roll their eyes at my when i talk about "the .org". i drive my mirrored / glass buildings so i can see my pretty car in the reflection. i stare at my car and other beetles whenever i get the chance.

:D:D:D i love my car!

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Sooo badly affected i am...

I go to Supercuts for my haircuts for two reason. 1. The girls are soooo lovely there. 2. The windows on that end of the shopping plaza are reflective and i drive extra slow just to peep my reflection.

Every room in my house aside from the roomates' rooms has a VW something in it. Living room: my keys, Herbie DVD, etc. Kitchen: fridge has a paper or two, VW mailings, SEEKING APPLIANCES. Bathroom: Silver NB Surfbug over the medicine cabinet. Garage: Tabasco NB sales display, vintage VW waterslide decal tacked to wall, NB parts, NB toy surplus. Bedroom: literally every corner has a NB or VW something. I face any direction i can see minimum 2-3 VW things. My Office: VWs on windowsill, VWs on walls of my cubicle.

I will be ordering NB sneakers shortly as well.

If my car goes into the shop i pat the center console and whisper "it'll be alright. i promise." If the CEL comes on i caress the console and ask it to hold on and i'll take care of it. I check the window before bed to see that it's still in the driveway. I look out my office window every 5 minutes to see it. When i go to family functions i clean it beforehand so i can show it off even if i know the people don't care....especially if they don't care, same at work. NB this, VW that, the org everywhere else.

If i'm sick i hope i never find a cure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts