VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No thread on this yet? Who's going? I'll be there in my Silver '01 sport with my wife and daughter. We're planning on staying in the Francis Scott Key Family Resort near OC. I don't plan on attending for the BBQ/Music Fest on Saturday but I'll be around on Sunday.

· 5/23/10 <3
11,764 Posts
There is usually a pretty low NB turnout. I went with mine 2 years ago but it didn't go to the showgrounds. Wanted to go this year with our 84 Jetta but gotta fly out of the country. Next year...

Sent from my SCH-I405 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

· Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,804 Posts
I will be there, but then again I live here.
Will be cruising the strip Fri an Sat nite. Then hittin the show Sun.
Not showing this year, like smiley said, not much NB love at this show.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
don't have to show the NB's, we should just show up and park together and have a good time. rep it, proud. hopefully more people will attend. i'm assuming it's the stigma these cars carry with them that makes them ill-present at a VW/Audi show. doesn't make much sense.

· 5/23/10 <3
11,764 Posts
I think there were maybe 6 NBs at H2O when I was there last. SoWo had about the same showing this year, though maybe a tad bettery (but its less cars overall than H2O). Its not necessarily the "stigma" IMO, but in general, a lot of people who own NBs just don't show them compared to Jettas and Golfs. I never put my NB on showgrounds but my GTI was on SoWo's this year. Also, we are a concentrated group of enthusiasts but, I hate to say it, the majority of NB owners just own them due to the cute factor and aren't necessarily VW or show fans.

Its still a good show and good time. I'm bummed we can't make it this year, but SoWo is a must for me, and I made that for the 2nd year in a row this year. Still haven't been to both in the same year though...hoping that will happen in 2013 :D

· Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,804 Posts
H2o is a cool show. But what makes it is the people that show up.
Now, its also the people that make this show worse and worse each year. There are more & more non VAG cars that show up each year. Last year a Supra wiped out the front of a apartment complex, in the rain, drifting, like an idiot. This show has been getting out of hand last couple years. With new show grounds this year, it will be interesting to see how it turns out. Last year I skipped the show, and just cruised the strip.

· 5/23/10 <3
11,764 Posts
Ocean City, MD. Last weekend of this month.

· 5/23/10 <3
11,764 Posts
H2o is a cool show. But what makes it is the people that show up.
Now, its also the people that make this show worse and worse each year. There are more & more non VAG cars that show up each year. Last year a Supra wiped out the front of a apartment complex, in the rain, drifting, like an idiot. This show has been getting out of hand last couple years. With new show grounds this year, it will be interesting to see how it turns out. Last year I skipped the show, and just cruised the strip.
Pretty true. My favorite part when we we went were the G2G's on Saturday. We spent a good number of hours at the aircooled and mk1 meets. Had a hotel on the strip so we saw a lot of cars just sitting on the front balcony every night. I had a good time, but much prefer SoWo. Much more laid back show and atmosphere. Plus, the town actually wants us there, unlike OC ;)

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What's SoWo? H2Oi is about 30 minutes outside of OC this year so we'll see how it pans out. I don't think it'll be nearly as cool as the BMW show I just went to at Camden Yards in Baltimore. Two 150+ car caravans plus show go-ers. There was an overwhelming amount of M.

· 5/23/10 <3
11,764 Posts
Its thousands of cars at H2O ;)

SoWo = Southern Worthersee in Helen, GA. Its an awesome show and its growing every year. Its in the mountains in GA so you get some really good driving roads just getting to the show. Then its a German themed town who loves having the group there. Its really awesome.

· Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,804 Posts
Where is this show? I know 4 a fact that I have a group here outta FL that's always ready 2 ride...

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Jason you an Herbie would be trippin if you seen some of these spoiled kids in tricked out Audi's, engines bouncin off the rev limiter with a straight pipe waitin for the light to turn green, doin hard all wheel drive launches, only to have to stop at red light a block away.
H2O is one of the biggest shows on the east coast, and every year it gets bigger. The show is cool. But the cars cruising the strip, and all the different gtg's is what this show is all about.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jason you an Herbie would be trippin if you seen some of these spoiled kids in tricked out Audi's, engines bouncin off the rev limiter with a straight pipe waitin for the light to turn green, doin hard all wheel drive launches, only to have to stop at red light a block away.
H2O is one of the biggest shows on the east coast, and every year it gets bigger. The show is cool. But the cars cruising the strip, and all the different gtg's is what this show is all about.
^ this ^

· Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,804 Posts
Bumpin da thread to see if anyone is coming to H20 this weekend.
......lots of gtg's and foolish stuff happening on the strip.

· 02 Snap Orange 1.8t
2 Posts
First H2Oi this weekend!

Will be around Sat & Sun with my '02 Snap Orange GLS Turbo. Yeah, the one they only made 500 of in a manual :)
Unfortunately I find out that it's a limited edition concept after a branch falls on my car and dents the hood and breaks my headlight, and then someone put a big dent down the driver's side door in a parking lot somewhere. How they missed both my fenders I'll never understand...

· Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,804 Posts
Im coming down sunday but not bringing the beetle i was a day late to register oh well.
Heck.........the real show is just cruising up an down the strip.
The show itself gets worse each year, with judging being almost a joke, and lumping all MK4 stock class together. Last time I showed my car 2 out of the 3 judges knew nothing about cars, and you could tell..... But the action on the strip is Epic. If we can get a few cars together, we ought to to a little gtg.
I saw the thread on the Tex, and saw where Jay wont give an inch..... But myself, I would love to see your Beetle cruising up and down coastal highway as opposed to sitting on a show field. Hope you change your mind and bring it.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok, change of plans for me. i'll still be around all saturday and sunday but won't be attending the show. i'll be enjoying the beach and cuisine instead. hopefully i'll still run into some of you. i've got an '01 reflex silver sport with an oem roof rack, take fives and mud flaps. my name is michael and i'll be around with my wife and daughter. hit me up if you see me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.