VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Not low enough
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I know it's still many months away, but condo/hotel booking starts very early! I booked my condo last week, and I can't wait :cool: My favorite trip of the year. I'm staying at Castle In The Sand Monday to Monday, I'd love to see some more Beetles there! Great location on 37th oceanside, right in the middle of the best action.

Who will be there? I'm daydreaming of margaritas at Mother's Cantina, breakfast at TC's Diner, fried Oreos on the boardwalk, lots of minigolf and souvenir shops, and of course lounging, drinking, and seeing my friends and all the cars!

·
Evil Cupcake
533 Posts
Wow. Funny story...I had a dream last night that my bf and I were on our way to H2O. Tells you how much I'm excited for it! lol.

I'll be there. When things get closer to the event, we'll have to plan a NB meet up! I'll be taking my Psyduck down and I would love to meet others from the Org!

Haven't even thought about hotels yet, but I'm sure we'll be booking one in the next 2 months or so.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,480 Posts
We were planning on going last year but it ended up falling through. This year, we are dedicated to getting up to H20 for the first time! Not sure if the Bug will be making the trip. Our plan is to have our Mk1 Jetta TD fixed up nice to take up. Depends on if we camp or not as to what other car we take (camping = Vanagon :) Not = Beetle!)

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
We tried last year. But it really never came together. I am all for it. I think I might skip the show this year. I seem to be the only car in the stock NB class and was parked with a bunch of MK4 Jettas. I think I am gonna keep to the action on the strip. The show is cool, but cruising the strip with all the other dubs is way more fun. It would be cool if all the NB's could park together at the show, but Jay, the guy that runs the show says that it's to hard to judge that way. But let it be known that I am always ready for a ORG NB GTG. Seeing as how I live down here I am willing to do any of the leg work to get it off the ground.

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
I think that we need to make our presence known at H20. I see lots of Beetles every year I go (I missed 09 and 07 and 08 I had the Jetta). I really enjoyed the years I took Charlie, which was I believe were 05 and 06.. but could have just been 06.

I'm totally down. I'm also totally going. H20 is the only event I've planned for, but I don't know about a hotel/condo yet.....

I look forward to lots of photos and cruising up and down the main drag (hope the paving is done). I'd love to think I'll have the car painted and such but I know she won't be ready hardly at all. Perhaps the wood flooring will be done.

I think one thing we should do is setup a spot early on with a newbeetle.org banner drapped to someones car so that everyone can find us. I mean, sure a gaggle of Beetles is hard to miss, but if we throw the site name on a banner at least everyone knows it's not a random gathering of trendy hispters -- it's an organized event. Who knows some random locals who otherwise never knew such a community existed might stop and talk to us! It IS Ocean City!

But yeah color me in. Peaches and I will be there.

·
Evil Cupcake
533 Posts
nice! Looking forwards to knowing more!

My boyfriend is currently building a mk1 rabbit and he still hasn't gotten the thing started. Unfortunately there have been a lot of little setbacks but at least his engine bay is painted already! He's hoping to have it done in time for h20.

...and it will be the green of this smiley: :D (if not brighter)

·
5/23/10 <3
11,480 Posts
nice to see another Mk1 running around the forums. I have an '84 TD Jetta. Hopefully our Mk1s will both be able to make an appearance at H2O :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
It sounds like a great time!! Is it in Ocean City, Md?? Is it in September?? I would love to go. I wish some of us could meet up and have a carabug!! That would be awesome!! I will have to mark the dates down and try to go. Thanks!!:D

·
Lay Lady Lay
968 Posts
I'm game - and with Lady's graphics, she does attract a lot of attention. While I don't have an ORG banner, I do carry my canopy and have a VW NB flag to hang from it, if we can get a place to agree to let us set up in their lot...

Depending on what's going on with the Ladies gtg, and my course schedule I usually cruise down Friday afternoon/Friday night and head for home after the show on Sunday...

I think that we need to make our presence known at H20. I see lots of Beetles every year I go (I missed 09 and 07 and 08 I had the Jetta). I really enjoyed the years I took Charlie, which was I believe were 05 and 06.. but could have just been 06.

I'm totally down. I'm also totally going. H20 is the only event I've planned for, but I don't know about a hotel/condo yet.....

I look forward to lots of photos and cruising up and down the main drag (hope the paving is done). I'd love to think I'll have the car painted and such but I know she won't be ready hardly at all. Perhaps the wood flooring will be done.

I think one thing we should do is setup a spot early on with a newbeetle.org banner drapped to someones car so that everyone can find us. I mean, sure a gaggle of Beetles is hard to miss, but if we throw the site name on a banner at least everyone knows it's not a random gathering of trendy hispters -- it's an organized event. Who knows some random locals who otherwise never knew such a community existed might stop and talk to us! It IS Ocean City!

But yeah color me in. Peaches and I will be there.

·
Evil Cupcake
533 Posts
I'll probably be down Friday mid-day and end up leaving mid-day Monday. It's kind of nice to see how quiet Ocean City gets after the show ends Sunday and most people leave :rolleyes:

And I agree. We should definitely set up a meet for Org-ers. This is the one VW show of the year that I put the most effort into going, and now that I have my NB... :cool:

·
Not low enough
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll probably be down Friday mid-day and end up leaving mid-day Monday. It's kind of nice to see how quiet Ocean City gets after the show ends Sunday and most people leave :rolleyes:
this is why i get there on monday. a good three days or so of peace and quiet, not too many people there. my friends from syracuse rented the condo next to me, so it'll be a few days of laid back lounging and drinking. more people will trickle in come wednesday, a lot thursday, and by friday it'll be packed.

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
Man, I wish I didn't live so far away. Boo. I'd love to go to this. :(

One of these days...

·
Not low enough
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would love to be able to do that, but unfortunately it's just my bf and I funding for a room for just ourselves and they aren't that cheap! lol
i actually initially booked the condo for myself alone, wasn't sure what my plan was. thought i would end up splitting it with a friend and getting half back, but it looks like the boy will be able to make it. condo for seven nights came to just over $600, not bad at all. got a three bedroom house last year, four nights was almost $1200.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts