NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I gots a new dub!!
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today is halloween and I want to know what people think of it from there point of view wether you are Christian, non-Christian, Catholic, Muslim, Atheist, etc, etc. What does halloween mean to you? Do you celibrate it if so, how and why? If not, why not? Just things to give you an idea of what I am trying to find out from you guys.

·
Banned
1,303 Posts
I'm Catholic...but that has nothing to do with the reason I HATE halloween.

Halloween creeps me out. The idea of people wearing masks and having no idea who is behind that mask, scares me. Sounds silly, but it does. It especially got to me in college. Frat guys used to jump out at us in masks and you never knew if it was someone harmless or not behind it.

I also hate how hyper my students get :p

My family was never big into Halloween as my mom is not that creative. I think people who embrace Halloween come from families that really embraced Halloween. We went more towards Christmas ;)

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
A guy at work asked me yesterday why this Jew was dressed up for a Christian holiday. I mentioned the pagan roots of it. Then I said that I'm American, and I do it the way many other Americans do.

Now I have a house full of candy. There's a reason I don't usually buy candy.

·
Goon Squad Atheist
1,698 Posts
Beetlemania said:
It is a union job. :ha:

Don't go there unless you want to give up weekends, a 40 hour work week, health insurance, and overtime. :mad:

·
Bug me again!
2,758 Posts
lojasmo said:
Don't go there unless you want to give up weekends, a 40 hour work week, health insurance, and overtime. :mad:
You didn't mention job security, and (what I consider right now) good pay :)
But still, the unions are just a lesser evil, another gear in the Machine.
Jacob, that guy you work with is a total a**hat :mad:

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
Haha, never heard that term before, Ewa. Especially not with the asterics. Darn filter.

Actually, what the guy was referring to was the Christianized part of it being All Hallows Eve, the precursor to All Saints Day. But like I said before, I'm American. I celebrate that aspect of the day.

Lojasmo, I think I'm going to start another thread, because I kind of want to discuss todays unions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts