VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang. Newbie here. Just bought an '03 GLS Cabro for my daughter. Just joined the Forum last night; this is my first post. Love, Love, Love these Forums. They can be so helpful and fun.

Anyway, both of the headlights have condensation in them and are in semi-rough shape. I'm looking to replace both of the entire units (housings, lens, bulbs, etc.). However, I am not sure how to determine if I have the Halogen set-up or the Xenons. I've done a little shopping online and found huge discrepancies in the pricing. I've searched this Forum in an effort to get my answer. Unfortunately, I came up empty. It seems that many other members have touched on this point, but I just failed to get my answer.

I look forward to your replies and working with everyone in the future!

pokerjarvis

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I've continued to sniff around the Forum, as well as other spots online. I think I've found my answer, or at least, I hope so. As far as I can tell, these Beetles come stock with Halogens. And, until/unless a mod is done to go to HID, we have Halogens.

If this aint right, please speak up.

I can't believe that somewhere in this massive owner's manual, this is not addressed. I was simply looking for a bulb-replacement chart....

·
Imbugd - 99 1.8t
114 Posts
Ahh the joys of VW manuals.. I have the owners, haynes service, an bentley service, and still come out with a lot of missing info for just about every project. They are essential, but so are these forums.

Oh yes, and it is halogens. My newest NB is 2001, but it should still be similar in that regard. There is a guy that does full kits for changing the type of headlights you have... Innovative Wiring I believe. He doesn't list our lights specifically but is openly willing to do requests, and several people on the TDI forums say he does a great job on them too. So I may try that out sometime because finding h155 bulbs is getting to be a bit difficult nowadays.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts